Passport 40 List Update

jhene...@yahoo.com

Feb 2, 2015, 11:57:12 AM2/2/15
to Passpor...@googlegroups.com
Hello Passport 40iers,
I am the new owner as of November 2012 of Lottie B, Passport 40 Hull #123, formerly owned by Albert Freeman.  I have been living aboard since delivering the boat from VA to Salem MA in the summer of 2013.  I have tried to post to the forum a few times, but have had no success.  I enjoy seeing what everyone is up to and have completed many projects on my boat that I would be happy to share.  I would also like to help in keeping the owners list up to date.  I consider myself highly fortunate to be able to join the group of Passport 40 owners as I had been searching for the right one for me for 20 years.

Happy Sailing,
Jim

CAZ

Feb 2, 2015, 3:50:33 PM2/2/15
to Passpor...@googlegroups.com
Jim,

Welcome to the Passport Forum. Your post came thru loud & clear. Glad you kept trying. I own hull #63. Wow  looking for a boat for 20 years. I think you made the right choice. I bought our P40 5 years ago and have never regretted the purchase for 1 minute. Been updating her for cruising in my retirement.

Bill Caz.
P40, Beau Navire
Austin, Texas

Matthew Davidson

May 3, 2015, 8:31:21 PM5/3/15
to Passpor...@googlegroups.com
Jim
is there a list of P40 owners that shows contacts and locations? During our refit of phoenix... Beverly and I would like to see if we can visit a few locally near Srattle to help us gain ideas as we move forward.

George Louis

May 3, 2015, 8:34:27 PM5/3/15
to Matthew Davidson, Passpor...@googlegroups.com
I have done almost a complete refit of my boat. So if you ever want my two cents worth let me know.

George Louis

s/v Wind Thief
1985 #90

> On May 3, 2015, at 5:31 PM, Matthew Davidson <mat...@anteccorporation.com> wrote:
>
> Jim
> is there a list of P40 owners that shows contacts and locations? During our refit of phoenix... Beverly and I would like to see if we can visit a few locally near Srattle to help us gain ideas as we move forward.
>
> --
> --
> Passport Owners Association http://passportyachts.org
> To post to the group, use "reply all" or send email to Passpor...@googlegroups.com
> To reply to just the author, just use "reply:

Michael Moradzadeh

May 3, 2015, 8:45:12 PM5/3/15
to Passpor...@googlegroups.com
Since we went cyber, our physical locations have gotten a little vague.
Mostly what folks do is post "Coming to Seattle [or wherever] Looking to
visit"

This works well....

Jim Melton

May 4, 2015, 1:40:45 PM5/4/15
to George Louis, Passpor...@googlegroups.com
Fellow Passporters,

In my short ten years as a Passport 40 owner and member of the Passport
Owners Association, I have learned a vast amount from all of you. You've
helped me (and the rest of us) solve problems both minor and extreme,
you've provided invaluable advice and guidance, and you've inspired your
fellow sailors.

A few of you have documented some of your projects with photos, detailed
descriptions, even blogs, and those have been both terribly interesting
and filled with insights from which the rest of us have benefited.

A very few of you have documented your boats' refits, updates, and
repairs extensively. Herman Diebler, (former?) owner of Grendel, was
especially helpful in this way.

I'd like to challenge those of you who have done extensive refits or
particularly interesting projects to do more documentation from which
the rest of us can benefit. "Particularly interesting projects" might
include a novel enhancement you've made, a complex fix to a problem that
many of us share, or a creative solution to a common need.

I know that I'm always looking for improvements and help with solving
hard problems, and I'm sure that many of us are in the same, ahem, boat.

Thanks!
Jim
HSUS spends 5x as much on their retirement plan as
they spend on animal rescue/shelters. FIVE TIMES!!
** Permission to repost this message is granted **
** unless explicitly denied in THIS message. **
Jim Melton SheltieJim at xmission dot com
1930 Viscounti Drive
Sandy, UT 84093-1063
Shelties since 1969; ASSA member since 1992
Please visit Sheltie Rescue of Utah, Inc. at
http://SheltieRescueUT.org
Saving The World, One Sheltie At A Time
Support Sheltie Rescue and indulge yourself, too:
http://SheltieRescueMall.com
Read and comment in our blog:
http://SheltieTales.com