Spare winch available

jhene...@yahoo.com

Mar 18, 2015, 2:15:10 PM3/18/15
to Passpor...@googlegroups.com
Hey again,
I'm start a new thread to try to keep things organized.  I wish I could do the same with my tools when working on the boat.

In my rerig of Passport 40, hull 123, I moved all running rigging to the cockpit (yes now I have 16 rope clutches spanning the coachroof--I already know how crazy I am--if anyone would like pics, let me know) and have ended up with a spare two speed winch, the one that came off the boom.

It's original and has gotten light use.  If you are interested in the winch make me an offer.  I already sold the old banks of clutches a while back.

Jim

jhene...@yahoo.com

Mar 18, 2015, 9:13:56 PM3/18/15
to Passpor...@googlegroups.com
A few people asked for pics of my rope clutches on the coachroof, so here are a couple.  After cutting away the old supports for the triples, I used 1" starboard to raise the new bank above he splash rail.  I thru bolted the whole thing right through the roof (I also had to cut away the backers above the overhead liner inside).  One of the toughest pars of the job was drilling holes through the interior metal plates.  Cutting away the old pads outside and in was just plain dusty.
IMG_8298.jpg
IMG_8299.jpg
IMG_8075.jpg
IMG_8076.jpg