Swag & The 34th Annual Meeting of the Passport Owners

Bill Schmidt

Oct 28, 2017, 12:51:20 PM10/28/17
to POA - Bay Area, passpor...@googlegroups.com, Liddy
Well, it is fast approaching that time of year again. The 34th
Annual Meeting of the San Francisco Bay Area Passporters will be held on
December 9 in Tiburon @ Casa de Vente Bruja again. All the usual
shenanigans are expected to be brought up. In order to not degenerate
into the usual bacchanal too early, an attempt will be made to hold the
meeting first before libations or dinner. I recognize that such an
attempt last time didn't work out so good. We plan a buffet type dinner
as before. An updated e-mail will be sent out toward the end of
November, but early response of attendance would be appreciated. All
owners, former owners, friends and/or the homeless are invited to
attend. Does anybody need directions?

Now, it has come to my attention that the POA is sitting upon an unusual
pot of money left over from activities of past years. In spite of the
Treasurer"s best effort to loose it (he apparently lost some on
investments in BitCoin futures, or so he says...), this fund has grown.
I want to spend it. With that in mind, with the concurrence of the POA
President, I have appointed a select committee to examine how best we
could incorporate such into swag to be dispensed to the current members
(in attendance or not) at the upcoming annual meeting. While the
committee should probably remain anonymous, I am sure you all know them
by their rallying cry: "C'mon, Girls! Let's get liquored up and go
shopping." Based upon past performance, I am very confident that they
will be able to identify appropriate swag, hopefully not exceeding by
too great amount the treasurer" hoard.

At the present time, before the committee goes charging off, I
would like to get a response from the membership as to how many there
are still alive and not still in jail or in therapy. Also an indication
of who plans to attend the annual meeting. Any ideas for swag would also
be appreciated. I will forward such suggestions onward to the committee,
though I must anticipate being ignored based upon past experience.
Please respond soon. The committee is already uncorking a bottle.

Billy Manana

bill.vcf

Donald Fife

Oct 29, 2017, 1:03:08 PM10/29/17
to Bill Schmidt, POA - Bay Area, passpor...@googlegroups.com, Liddy

Looks like we missed you all again. We are leaving for Mazatlan next week to Meet Bugler after a major refit. Any one down that way let me know and possibly we can meet.

Its cold in Tahoe and talking snow this weekend. Adios amigos.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

are still alive and not still in jail or in therapy.. Also an indication

of who plans to attend the annual meeting. Any ideas for swag would also

be appreciated. I will forward such suggestions onward to the committee,

though I must anticipate being ignored based upon past experience.

Please respond soon. The committee is already uncorking a bottle.

Billy Manana

Passport Owners Association http://passportyachts.org

To post to the group, use "reply all" or send email to Passpor...@googlegroups.com

To reply to just the author, just use "reply:

http://groups.google.com/group/PassportOwners?hl=en

---

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Passport Owners" group.

Allen Cooper

Oct 30, 2017, 1:05:09 PM10/30/17
to Bill Schmidt, POA - Bay Area, passpor...@googlegroups.com, Liddy
Note the treasure absconded to So Cal more then a year ago. A mysterious check ($982.23) was received and used for a new cabin heater. So generous.
See you at the annual meeting
S/V Krissy

psherwood

Oct 30, 2017, 1:56:48 PM10/30/17
to Bill Schmidt, POA - Bay Area, passpor...@googlegroups.com, Liddy
Am still alive (I think); not in jail or in therapy (yet); must send
regrets for 12/9 POA gathering in Bay Area. I hope to be floating in the
Sea of Cortez at that point. Best rgds to all,

Phil
s/v Cynosure
Seattle / San Carlos

John Baudendistel

Oct 30, 2017, 4:58:52 PM10/30/17
to Bill Schmidt, POA - Bay Area, passpor...@googlegroups.com, Liddy
Hi Bill,
We will attend. I would like a Custom embroidered canvas or nylon bag with the boat name on it! Or serving tray.

As long as I don't pass out from the paint fumes we will be there. See my tiny project below.

We now have just a motor boat.

image1.JPG
image2.JPG
image3.JPG