Fuel Tank Capacity?

rcyoung

Jul 9, 2017, 6:13:19 AM7/9/17
to John Baudendistel, Passport Owners, poa-ba...@googlegroups.com, Eva Tanner, Don Fife
Anyone know how many gallons the tank holds? This is the v Berth layout where the tank with the large inspection port is located behind the companion way. The tank has a dipstick in the port lazerette but that is difficult to see the fuel. I wood dowel works better in that regard.
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Bob

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Note® 4, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

From: John Baudendistel <jo...@ets247.com>
Date: July 6, 2017 at 9:34:11 PM PDT
To: John Baudendistel <jo...@ets247.com>
Subject: Vw valve shim kit

rcyoung

Jul 9, 2017, 9:26:29 AM7/9/17
to John Baudendistel, Passport Owners, poa-ba...@googlegroups.com, Eva Tanner, Don Fife
Also, it looks like my email to the POA google owners group bounced back. Anyone know how to fix that?

psherwood

Jul 9, 2017, 11:25:37 AM7/9/17
to rcyoung, Passport Owners
My fuel tanks hold about 130 gallons total (port=54, stbd=76). My port
tank is likewise in a cockpit lazarette, and the stbd tank is under the
bunk in the quarterberth. I have the pullman layout, but I don't see why
that matters with respect to the fuel tanks. Agree, a dowel is much
easier to read than the SS dipstick. If I don't have a dowel handy I lay
the SS dipstick against a strip of paper to quickly indicate the fuel
level without a lot of squinting and fussing around.

Phil
s/v Cynosure
Seattle / San Carlos

Alcoop

Jul 9, 2017, 12:46:42 PM7/9/17
to Passport Owners, jo...@ets247.com, passpor...@googlegroups.com, poa-ba...@googlegroups.com, emtbe...@gmail.com, state...@sbcglobal.net
It sounds like a later model with a single tank. If so it holds about 70gal
A wood dowel works well
Allen
SV/ Krissy

rcyoung

Jul 9, 2017, 1:17:31 PM7/9/17
to Alcoop, Passport Owners, jo...@ets247.com, passpor...@googlegroups.com, poa-ba...@googlegroups.com, emtbe...@gmail.com, state...@sbcglobal.net
Thank you. I should have mentioned she is a 1987. Now that you made me think of it, I guess it's her 30th birthday this year!
Passport Owners Association http://passportyachts.org
To post to the group, use "reply all" or send email to Passpor...@googlegroups.com
To reply to just the author, just use "reply:

Bill Schmidt

Jul 17, 2017, 10:37:09 AM7/17/17
to Passpor...@googlegroups.com
Having just run out of fuel and refilled the port fuel tank, I can
testify that it holds 55 gallons of diesel @ $3/gallon. Now trying to
run out of fuel on the starboard tank. More later!

.

Billy Manana
bill.vcf