P40 hull zinc

1 view

SheltieJim

Mar 11, 2015, 12:13:57 PM3/11/15
to passpor...@googlegroups.com

Gentle friends,

I spoke to the guy who cleans Dream SeQueL bottom. He was at the boat yesterday to replace the hull zinc, and was telling me that the zinc didn't fit into the recessed pocket in the hull.

Clearly, we believed, it wasn't the "right" zinc. But we're not sure what the right zinc is.

If any of you happen to know a brand and model number for the correct zinc,  please share it with me.

Thanks!
   Jim

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Note® 3, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

psherwood

Mar 11, 2015, 1:49:22 PM3/11/15
to SheltieJim, passpor...@googlegroups.com
The recess on my hull measures 6" x 3", and the bolts are 2 7/8" apart
on centers. The plate is too far gone to get a brand name or model
number, but a look on boatzincs.com leads to these:

ZHC-2 Zinc Anode (also confusingly labeled ZTB-3, Taiwan Plate, B-2), 2
lbs., which is 5 3/4" x 2 1/2", 2 7/8" bolt holes. Reliance is one brand
name; Martyr is another. Not sure the brand matters; as far as I know,
zinc is zinc.

Or something a little heavier would be the ZHC-3H Zinc Anode, 3 lbs., 6"
x 3", 2-7/8" bolt holes. Might be able to cram that one into the recess,
or might have to grind a little off to fit it in.

Looks like the ZHC-2 is a winner.

Phil
s/v Cynosure
on the hard in Marina Seca work area