Cc470 cockpit wiring

Ron McIntyre

Aug 11, 2016, 11:26:50 AM8/11/16
to Passport Owners
Good afternoon all and welcome to my first post! We have a 2004 cc470 and are about to add some solar to the top of the Bimini. As far as running the wiring to the inside of the boat I would like to come through the outside of the cockpit combing.. Anyone with any ideas on how to access that wiring? Also while we are out it we may replace the instruments at the front of the cockpit above the companionway. Same question there I suppose on how to access the back of the instruments and wiring and such?

Cheers!
Ron
Civil Twilight

Ernie Reuter

Aug 12, 2016, 9:38:13 AM8/12/16
to Ron McIntyre, Passport Owners
Ron...
We have 300 watts of solar on top of our Bimini. Solbian flexible...2 100w and 2 50w. We oriented the panels so that all the wiring comes down the center of the top of the Bimini. They all are gathered together, held with zip ties and covered with a sunbrella velcro tube. They then pass thru the Bimini as a group thru a leathered slot right at the back stay. They follow the back stay down to the aft part of the cockpit combing where they then pass thru the to the inside if the garage under the cockpit. Once again a zippered sleeve covers this group of wires as they are zip tied right to the back stay.

This works well on the P40 ...not sure how it will set up on your boat.

Solbian panels are the best. More pricey than the Chinese knockoffs but we are extremely happy with the continued excellent performance. Not worth it to skimp here....

I'll look for some pics to send.

Ernie
P40 Iemanja
Little River SC
Passport Owners Association http://passportyachts.org
To post to the group, use "reply all" or send email to Passpor...@googlegroups.com
To reply to just the author, just use "reply: