s/v Winterlude, 1985 Passport 37, Hull #2

Bill Hajek

Jul 15, 2017, 4:30:59 PM7/15/17
to Passport Owners
Hello Passport Owners,

I purchased s/v Winterlude, 1985 Passport 37, Hull #2, last year. I know SheltieJim, and have given him particulars on the boat. Some yard work, as well as personal issues have delayed most plans this last year, but I have managed to get some sailing done in the Tampa Bay area where I live; St. Petersburg, FL. Also, trying to keep up with maintenance.

Winterlude is power with a Nanni-Kubota 30hp; there are 2 zinc pencil type anodes and 2 magnesium. I have the part #970494635 for the zincs, but no part # info for the mags. Since most all the Nannis with heat exchangers, older, as well as newer, seem to use the same zincs, I think the same may be true for the mags; same 17mm cap head at least.
So, as my introduction to you all I beg a question. Would anyone with the part # for the magnesium anodes be able to help me here?

I look forward to getting to know a few more of you folks and will join the new Facebook group to keep in touch.

Thanks and Cheers,

Bill Hajek
s/v Winterlude
P37 #2

Jon Ash

Jul 15, 2017, 6:06:09 PM7/15/17
to Bill Hajek, Passport Owners
Congratulations and good luck with you're boat. I believe magnesium anodes are intended for fresh water use as fresh water is less active than salt water and needs to have less/more (?) noble anodes. The folks at zincs.com are on top of all this and are glad to help.
Jon Ash
S/V Caribbean Soul P40
Passport Owners Association http://passportyachts.org
To post to the group, use "reply all" or send email to Passpor...@googlegroups.com
To reply to just the author, just use "reply:

michael balfany

Jul 15, 2017, 9:50:58 PM7/15/17
to Jon Ash, Bill Hajek, Passport Owners
Hi Bill,

Congratulations on Winterlude, she is a beautiful boat.

You have a great connection to Nanni parts in your neck of the woods with Motor-Services Hugo Stamp, Inc (MSHS) in Fort Lauderdale.  They can send you a catalog for the Nanni 4.110HE and order all the parts from France I believe.  You can reach them at mshs.com or 800-622-6747.  Sharon Lew works the parts department and is very nice to work with.

All the best,

Mike Balfany
P37 hull#3

Sent from my iPhone

Bill Hajek

Jul 17, 2017, 9:14:24 AM7/17/17
to Passport Owners, ddoc...@verizon.net, arcane...@gmail.com
Just getting used to this site. Replied on my mobile, but wanted to say, thanks again Mike.

Bill Hajek

Jul 17, 2017, 9:20:12 AM7/17/17
to Passport Owners, arcane...@gmail.com
Thanks Jon.