New to Group, boat in Cairns Aus, I'm down south.

David Pawley

Mar 1, 2017, 12:16:35 PM3/1/17
to Passport Owners
Hi, Don't know why I didn't seekl out a Passport Group before this. I bought "Sierra" in June 2016, very well presented yacht, however mine is in steel 1990. I recently communicated with Bob Perry he remembers the original owner, he prefers to call mine a "custom Perry 41’er" but very much based on the Passport 40. Image below to prove my credentials.
I hope I am acceptable, as its been pretty lonely solving many problems on my own, of course many of those may not be related to your fit out. Still I would like to know more about your boats and in particular would love to look at some detailed drawings. Oh and my boat has a BMW D50 fitted can anybody share there tribulations with this engine.
P1000684.jpg

John Baudendistel

Mar 1, 2017, 2:16:54 PM3/1/17
to David Pawley, Passport Owners
David,

Very interesting and fine looking boat.  Welcome.
We have the P42, which is a Huntinford double ender Passport.

John

On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 5:04 PM, David Pawley <paw...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, Don't know why I didn't seekl out a Passport Group before this. I bought "Sierra" in June 2016, very well presented yacht, however mine is in steel 1990. I recently communicated with Bob Perry he remembers the original owner, he prefers to call mine a "custom Perry 41’er" but very much based on the Passport 40. Image below to prove my credentials.
I hope I am acceptable, as its been pretty lonely solving many problems on my own, of course many of those may not be related to your fit out. Still I would like to know more about your boats and in particular would love to look at some detailed drawings. Oh and my boat has a BMW D50 fitted can anybody share there tribulations with this engine.

Passport Owners Association http://passportyachts.org
To post to the group, use "reply all" or send email to PassportOwners@googlegroups.com
To reply to just the author, just use "reply:

Thanks,

John Baudendistel

Jeff and Jane Woodward

Mar 1, 2017, 4:34:46 PM3/1/17
to David Pawley, Passport Owners

Hi David,

Back in 2006 in Portland, Oregon we shared a dock with a steel P-40 built with drawings from Bob Perry.  Could Sierra be the same vessel?  If so it's Interesting that she ended up in Australia.

Jeff

Adagio, P-40 #109, 1986

Temporarily in La Cruz, Nayarit, Mexico

Hi, Don't know why I didn't seekl out a Passport Group before this. I bought "Sierra" in June 2016, very well presented yacht, however mine is in steel 1990. I recently communicated with Bob Perry he remembers the original owner, he prefers to call mine a "custom Perry 41’er" but very much based on the Passport 40. Image below to prove my credentials.
I hope I am acceptable, as its been pretty lonely solving many problems on my own, of course many of those may not be related to your fit out. Still I would like to know more about your boats and in particular would love to look at some detailed drawings. Oh and my boat has a BMW D50 fitted can anybody share there tribulations with this engine.

Passport Owners Association http://passportyachts.org
To post to the group, use "reply all" or send email to Passpor...@googlegroups.com

To reply to just the author, just use "reply:

David Pawley

Mar 1, 2017, 5:13:33 PM3/1/17
to Passport Owners
I don't believe this vessel has ever left Australia, The original owner, who I met was wealthy and wanted the best designer, the best welder and the best joiner to realise his dream. The steel is a Coreten, high strength and corrosion resistant (not true I found some), wherever the steel touches wood, that steel is Stainless 316 that includes all hatch and companionway openings and the bilge well. The welder was German (no doubt highly skilled) so he he apparently insisted on getting a German Engine (proud as well)

Tough as, my companion cut a corner and hit a coral bommy at speed, we bounced off.

 Anyway heres a couple more images.

Is there some drawings some where that I can access?.
P1000685.jpg
P1000677.jpg

Ben Nicol

Mar 13, 2017, 7:54:09 PM3/13/17
to Passport Owners
Hi Mate,

Congratulations.

We have out Passport 40 in Sydney. Let me know if and when you bring her down.

Regards,
Ben