The nut behind the wheel

Michael Moradzadeh

May 14, 2017, 11:04:17 AM5/14/17
to Passport Owners
Does anyone know where one can acquire an extra nut for holding the wheel on the old YSI steering pedestal?

My new (to me) boat has one of these venerable items, and the crew is anxious about losing the nut.

Thanks all!

Michael
Ex-Cayenne

Jon Ash

May 14, 2017, 11:11:16 AM5/14/17
to Michael Moradzadeh, Passport Owners
It it different than the Edson hand tighting part offered by Edson?
Passport Owners Association http://passportyachts.org
To post to the group, use "reply all" or send email to Passpor...@googlegroups.com
To reply to just the author, just use "reply:

Michael Moradzadeh

May 14, 2017, 11:16:06 AM5/14/17
to Jon Ash, Michael Moradzadeh, Passport Owners
I don't know if the threads are the same

To post to the group, use "reply all" or send email to PassportOwners@googlegroups.com

To reply to just the author, just use "reply:

Passport Owners Association http://passportyachts.org
To post to the group, use "reply all" or send email to PassportOwners@googlegroups.com

To reply to just the author, just use "reply:

Jon Ash

May 14, 2017, 11:34:41 AM5/14/17
to Michael Moradzadeh, Michael Moradzadeh, Passport Owners
A call to Edson customer support will solve that. They are knowledgeable and anxious to help. They are in Fall River MA.

Michael Moradzadeh

Kenyon Stewart

May 14, 2017, 12:36:09 PM5/14/17
to Michael Moradzadeh, Jon Ash, Michael Moradzadeh, Passport Owners
You could probably find a friend with an Edson pedestal at the marina and give it a try.  Also, Edson makes a tapered shaft and a straight shaft, not sure if they take the same sized nut

good idea
To post to the group, use "reply all" or send email to PassportOwners@googlegroups.com