Nanni air filter

William Ennis

Mar 11, 2015, 2:59:36 PM3/11/15
to Passport Owners
Hello,

I am well away from my boat and am gathering last minute items before returning to Fiji. Although I thought that I had taken sufficient measurements for replacing the air cleaner (such as is it) on my Nanni Diesel engine, I find that I did NOT measure the diameter of the crankcase ventilation hose that attaches to a metal tube brazed on to the side of the air cleaner body.

The air cleaner in this case is a black sheet metal affair that’s a truncated cone in shape, with a cylinder brazed on to the larger face: the cylinder actually fits on the engine intake manifold. The tube in question is brazed to the side of this cylinder.

Someone may know, or can measure, this hose or tube. I’ll make a guess if not and it’s my fault.

Luckily, I have until the first week in April to get the replacement so if you have access, it’d be very helpful.

Regards,

Bill Ennis
S/V Wings
P40 #78

There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.
-Kenneth Grahame