through-hull and sea cock

1 view

psherwood

Nov 2, 2015, 7:09:51 PM11/2/15
to Passport Owners
Hope someone can answer this with a quick look at his/her own setup:
What size is the hose that runs from the sea cock under the cabin sole
next to the engine compartment up to the engine raw water strainer? Is
it 3/4" or 1"? Is it reasonable to assume that if it's a 3/4" hose the
associated sea cock and through-hull are also 3/4", or 1" and 1"?

I'm having a bit of brain freeze and am trying to avoid buying the
wrong-sized parts prior to heading down to San Carlos in a couple of
weeks. Thx much for any & all info.

Phil
s/v Cynosure

Ernie Reuter

Nov 3, 2015, 11:25:23 AM11/3/15
to p...@witanco.com, Passport Owners
Phil
On Iemanja I have 1.5" thru hull, 1.5" gate valve to 1.5" ID hose for the engine raw water intake. Not sure if this is stock but it's what I put in when I redid all my thruhulls and gates 6 yrs ago.

Hope this helps
Ernie
Passport Owners Association http://passportyachts.org
To post to the group, use "reply all" or send email to Passpor...@googlegroups.com
To reply to just the author, just use "reply:

Larry Lewis

Nov 9, 2015, 10:06:19 PM11/9/15
to Passport Owners
It's a 1" on Thalia P40 #093. Original as far as I can tell.