Boarding swing ladder

Matthew Davidson

Apr 21, 2018, 1:09:21 AM4/21/18
to Passport Owners
I located manufacturer who has made a bunch of valiant 40 swing ladders just like the ones that Crit posted photos a few weeks back. I Sent him photos and detailed measurements off of Wildflower’s current mounting plate. If anyone wants in on this program... let me know. Might be able to swing a discount on multiple units. Shooting for duplicate just like Crits... except different treads.
Matthew Davidson
S/v Wildflower P40

Larry Rovin

Apr 21, 2018, 9:03:45 AM4/21/18
to Matthew Davidson, Passport Owners
I don't remember seeing those photos. Could someone repost?
Passport Owners Association http://passportyachts.org To post to the group, use "reply all" or send email to Passpor...@googlegroups.com To reply to just the author, just use "reply:

Steve Jones

Apr 21, 2018, 9:30:52 AM4/21/18
to Matthew Davidson, Passport Owners
Matthew,

CasaMar is P51 center cockpit. We would like to buy one in your group. We can either do pay pal or mail a check.

Steve's IPad

Daniel Leach

Apr 22, 2018, 10:54:46 AM4/22/18
to Passport Owners
Do we have an estimated price from these guys.

Dan Leach
Endless Song
Seattle

Matthew Davidson

Apr 22, 2018, 1:14:12 PM4/22/18
to Daniel Leach, Passport Owners
I just hooked up with him on Friday. I will advise numbers and share details ASAP

MATTHEW DAVIDSON - President
ANTEC CORPORATION
mat...@anteccorporation.com
C: 206-660-1311 O: 425-888-9090
> --
> --
> Passport Owners Association http://passportyachts.org
> To post to the group, use "reply all" or send email to Passpor...@googlegroups.com
> To reply to just the author, just use "reply:

Matthew Davidson

Jun 14, 2018, 5:36:42 PM6/14/18
to Passport Owners
Ladder nearly ready for pickup
I just finished polishing the parts for the Pivot assembly today.
Taking them up to my Rail folks to be welded tomorrow
As soon as the Pivot is welded up... I will pick it up everything and test fit to see if arc is on target AND to size up the cross bar that rides on the hull... yet to be welded
More to come...

Matthew SV Wildflower P40

Matthew Davidson

Jun 22, 2018, 8:23:17 PM6/22/18
to Shelt...@xmission.com, passpor...@googlegroups.com

So ladder #1 came out perfect!

When deployed… 2-steps are submerged (1-1/2 Rung openings).

When released, the only contact point to the cap rail is the cross bar when lowered down.

My plan is to shape a piece of solid 316SS rub rail stock and screw onto the cap rail as a bash plate.

I was lucky to pulled a 10’ long stick of rub rail stock form an old wooden motor cruiser being hauled away to the dump from our marina. Bash plate will go keep the cap rail from getting dented “when” ladder gets dropped.

Okay… here is the breakdown

I paid a bit more for the Beta-Unit…

My 2nd unit goes into production next week… this is the cost breakdown for unit #2:

Railmakers NW, Everett WA – Arched Ladder: $1300 + Tax

Collins Machine, Seattle, WA – Complete Pivot Assy Parts $180 + Tax

Railmakers NW, Everett WA – Weld Pivot Parts & Polish $150

Tacoma Screw – 316SS Bolts, Washers, Nuts, Pan Head Screws Estimated ~ $30 + Tax

Total = $1,660 + Tax + Shipping

I did a lot of sanding and polished work of the raw plate-stock material before Collins Machine Bored and cut parts out. About 3 hours of my time polishing. I also had to do a bunch of driving (~4 hours) from North Bend to Seattle to Everett… three trips over this entire process for running to pick up raw-plate-stock, Polishing big pieces, taking back to be machined and then up to Everett for welding. In the end it was a time suck but the end result was awesome! Saved a lot of time and hassle doing my own polishing. Units #2+ shouldn’t take much effort now that the process is worked out and Railmakers NW has my drawings and final details.

Note1: If you need the 3/16” 316SS mounting plate for your Gate Stanchion… I can work that out if anyone is interested. Is not hard to figure out.

Note2: Next I will make ¾” Thick Teak stair treads and Sikaflex and screw them down.

Note3: Plan to wrap Cross Bar that rides against the hull with ¼” Gold Double-braid as anti-chafe when deployed riding against hull.

If anyone wants a ladder or two? I can facilitate this.

Matthew A Davidson

North Bend, WA 98045

Mat...@AntecCorporation.com

C: 206-660-1311

SV Wildflower P40

On 2018-06-17 18:06, Matthew Davidson wrote:

Jim

Do you have a double base stachion like mine in photo? If so... all you have to do is remove the stanchion from the base sockets and take the frame to a goor rail maker shop for welding a 3/16” thick plate wit 1.00 hole in the center. Plate need to accommodate a 5.00” circle clearance for the pivot yoke friction base.image1.jpeg
image2.jpeg

MATTHEW DAVIDSON - President

ANTEC CORPORATION

HSUS spends 5x as much on their retirement plan as
they spend on animal rescue/shelters. FIVE TIMES!!
** Permission to repost this message is granted  **
** unless explicitly denied in THIS message.     **
Jim Melton           SheltieJim at xmission dot com
1930 Viscounti Drive, Sandy, UT 84093-1063
Assistant Director, National Sheltie Rescue Network
Shelties since 1969; ASSA member since 1992
Please visit Sheltie Rescue of Utah, Inc. at
  http://SheltieRescueUT.org
  Saving The World, One Sheltie At A Time
Wildflower Swing Ladder Fabrication DONE.pdf

Matthew Davidson

Oct 30, 2018, 3:37:25 PM10/30/18
to Passport Owners
Boarding Swing Ladder #3 about to ship
Attached is cost breaking down and bill of materials for (1) Swing Ladder & Stanchion Adapter Plate

I pretty much learned enough not that I feel I can make a swing ladder that will adapt to just about any sailboat as long as there is a good dual leg stanchion to weld the adapter mounting plate onto.

Requires good measurements off top of the cap rail

Optional items: Teak Stair Treads, Starboard Treads, Cap Rail Bash Plates (2)

Basic Price not including shipping: $2,200.00
Optional Items: Add $450.00
Shipping: $ ??? TBD

The sanding and buffing charge barely covers my time & expense + a bunch running around to four (4) vendors which encompasses ~100 miles driving

I have pivot #4 finished in hand if there is a request for Swing-ladder #4.
I'd estimate about 6-8 weeks to ship after order according to rail-maker's current workload.

Cheers

Matthew
S/V Wildflower P40
Seattle

On Friday, April 20, 2018 at 10:09:21 PM UTC-7, Matthew Davidson wrote:
Cost for Swing ladder Adapted to Bob Perry Passport 40 Sailboat.pdf