Raw Water Pump

1 view

Brian McCann

Mar 21, 2017, 3:06:48 PM3/21/17
to Passport Owners
Hey Everyone,

I am still the proud owner of a pathfinder engine about my P40, but unfortunately both my raw water pumps, primary and spare, have given in to their age and seized completely. I am looking to source two replacement pumps, since spares are a must with this motor. Having trouble getting a hold of anyone at pathfinder marine. Hoping someone might have an alternate source for this pump so I can order either a pair of new ones or rebuilt ones.

Thank,

Brian
​P40 Hull#8​

Donald Fife

Mar 21, 2017, 4:26:53 PM3/21/17
to Brian McCann, Passport Owners
I have been able to rebuild twice with new bearings from a shipping warehouse  in Fairfield,CA. They do not have any bodies. So if you just need parts let me know and I can dig up the info.
I too still have the Pathfinder.
Best way to contact Pathfinder is through email. They have always replied to me within a week or so...

Don SV Bugler
Sent from my iPhone
Passport Owners Association http://passportyachts.org
To post to the group, use "reply all" or send email to Passpor...@googlegroups.com
To reply to just the author, just use "reply:

ddockrat

Mar 21, 2017, 5:22:02 PM3/21/17
to Brian McCann, Passport Owners
Brian, I've had good luck with a company called Pump Vender.
Jon Ash Caribbean Soul

Sent from my iPhone

Jim Melton

Mar 21, 2017, 10:19:07 PM3/21/17
to Brian McCann, Passport Owners, jim.m...@oracle.com

Brian,

I've been through similar problems with my P40's raw water pump.  I have hull #018, so I'm pretty certain that we have the same configuration.

Pathfinder Marine is still in business (or was a few weeks ago when I ordered some stuff from them), but it's just two people (husband and wife) and they might actually take a vacation every now and then.  Keep trying.

The water pump itself is a Jabsco 3270-001, but requires an adapter to connect the pump drive shaft to an internal gearshaft within the engine.  If your pump is seized, but the adapter is still functional, then you can readily purchase the Jabsco pump from any dependable pump source.  I bought a replacement for my last one and also bought a spare -- it costs almost exactly as much to rebuild the pump as a new one costs (trading in the parts, of course), which was about US$350 or so.

Hope this helps
   Jim

Passport Owners Association http://passportyachts.org
To post to the group, use "reply all" or send email to Passpor...@googlegroups.com
To reply to just the author, just use "reply:

Jim Melton --- Editor of ISO/IEC 9075-* (SQL)     Phone: +1.801.942.0144
  Chair, ISO/IEC JTC1/SC32 and W3C XML Query WG    Fax : +1.801.942.3345
Oracle Corporation        Oracle Email: jim dot melton at oracle dot com
1930 Viscounti Drive      Alternate email: jim dot melton at acm dot org
Sandy, UT 84093-1063 USA  Personal email: SheltieJim at xmission dot com
=  Facts are facts.   But any opinions expressed are the opinions      =
=  only of myself and may or may not reflect the opinions of anybody   =
=  else with whom I may or may not have discussed the issues at hand.  =

Rick Hurt

Mar 24, 2017, 6:06:56 PM3/24/17
to Donald Fife, Brian McCann, Passport Owners

Brian,

I don’t know which arrangement you have, but my raw water pump drops into what would be  the vacuum pump port on an automobile engine, the left rear top of the engine.  It uses an adapter housing between the top of the oil pump shaft and the pump itself.  The pump bolts to this adapter and is a Jabsco 3270.  I bought a spare pump on line, and a spare adapter from John at Pathfinder a couple of years ago.  My contact number for Pathfinder Quebec has been (514) 695-1080.  For other engine parts, filters injector lines etc, I have been using a VW parts supplier in Warren MI called “Parts Place Inc.”  they have a wide range of VW parts including Long and Short blocks.   https://www.partsplaceinc.com/

Regards

Rick Hurt

SV Perla, P-40 #14

Kelly K.