Need Sails for our P40

1 view

mat...@anteccorporation.com

Jan 7, 2015, 6:19:06 PM1/7/15
to Passpor...@googlegroups.com
Hello
We are looking to see if anyone has used P40 Sails of any kind out there?

The Phoenix needs sails as when we purchased her (foremenrly wildflower)... all of the sails were lost...

Matthew

psherwood

Jan 7, 2015, 9:18:59 PM1/7/15
to mat...@anteccorporation.com, Passpor...@googlegroups.com
If I read your phone number right, you are in or near Seattle, no?
Unfortunately Second Wave is dead and gone, but I think there is still a
2nd-hand/consignment store out next to Shilshole Marina, and I think
still one in Port Townsend. There is definitely one in Anacortes; don't
know whether they have any sails at the moment.

I don't know about 2nd-hand marine stores in the SF Bay area, but for
example, Pineapple Sails, in Alameda, advertises that they have used
sails on hand. Also check with a guy named Ruy Luis, Rooster Sail
Repair, also in Alameda. He could be a good resource. Probably worth
checking with the other lofts as well, whatever city you're in --
perhaps someone is having new sails made (this would be the season for
it) and would be happy to let go of the old sails at good prices.

If you Google "used sails" you'll find quite a few listings around the
country. I've never dealt with any of the places myself, but I know
people who have bought stuff from Minney's (in Costa Mesa) and been
satisfied. I think Bacon's also enjoys a good reputation, but again, no
first-hand experience. Also try searching on "marine second hand
consignment." Among other things you'll find is a link on the Good Old
Boat magazine page to a list of consignment stores in various places.

And of course keep an eye on (or even put a 'wanted' ad in) Lat 38, 48
North, etc.

You need to know the dimensions of the sails you're looking for, of
course. If it would help, I could send you the specific measurements of
my mainsail.

Hope this helps,

Phil
s/v Cynosure
stuck in Seattle for a while longer before heading to San Carlos

On 1/7/2015 15:19, mat...@anteccorporation.com wrote:> Hello
> --
> --
> Passport Owners Association http://passportyachts.org
> To post to the group, use "reply all" or send email to
> Passpor...@googlegroups.com
> To reply to just the author, just use "reply:
> Groups "Passport Owners" group.
> an email to PassportOwner...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:PassportOwner...@googlegroups.com>.
>

> No virus found in this message.

Marty McOmber

Jan 8, 2015, 2:25:24 PM1/8/15
to p...@witanco.com, mat...@anteccorporation.com, Passpor...@googlegroups.com
Sorry to say, but all the second hand stores in Seattle and Port Townsend are gone. There is a small one in Poulsbo, but not sure if they even have a sail inventory. Couple of online places do sell used sails .

Sent from my iPad
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to PassportOwner...@googlegroups.com.

Kenyon Stewart

Jan 8, 2015, 3:57:24 PM1/8/15
to Marty McOmber, p...@witanco.com, mat...@anteccorporation.com, Passpor...@googlegroups.com
I have extra sails I need to get rid of.... for a P47  :-)

Kenyon Stewart

Matthew Davidson

Jan 8, 2015, 4:19:12 PM1/8/15
to Passport Owners

Wow
The outpouring of support has been unbelievable! Thank you all so much for the great replies. We have located sails for our shakedown and arranged shipping them to the Seattle area. For now I'd like to graciously close this request as we are on a good path at this time but who knows... change is always on the tide.

Sincerely the Phoenix restoration team...

Matthew Davidson
Antec Corporation
PO Box 1609, North Bend WA  98045
Cell 206-660-1311
Office 425-888-9090
Cindy Straka is my backup:
sup...@anteccorporation.com

Passport Owners Association http://passportyachts.org
To post to the group, use "reply all" or send email to Passpor...@googlegroups.com
To reply to just the author, just use "reply:

Matthew Davidson

Jul 13, 2017, 9:10:18 AM7/13/17
to Passport Owners
Hello from project WILDFLOWER!

After 2 years +7 months... WE FINALLY WENT SAILING!

John B

Sep 7, 2017, 12:54:16 PM9/7/17
to Passport Owners
Sorry I just saw this, but in case you are still interested in P 40 sails, I have both a 4 batten main and a 150 genoa, They are old (1999), but in relatively good shape.