a little update with some pictures on Lintika...

Justin Maguire III

Jun 2, 2013, 12:35:37 PM6/2/13
to Passpor...@googlegroups.com
been hard at work with Lintika... not done yet, but this is the list and some pictures...

- new fuel tanks
- new engine
- new dual fuel filter setup
- new battery tray
- separate glass mat starter battery
- new bildge pump
- new bildge through hulls
- new fuel fill deck fitting
- new drive shaft
- new exhaust system from engine to through hull
- new yanmar engine
- new engine control panel
- re-chromed my barient winches
- rebuilt my steering pedestal including new globemaster compass, new cables, and all stainless parts polished
- new dripless shaft seal and compass bearing
- new 3 bladed gorey folding prop
- pulled my water tankes, repaired a small leak, cleaned, tested, and put back in
- rebedded my deck prisms (god were they leaky annoyances this last season!!!)
- pulled the companionway cover, repaired a busted teak part, stripped to bare wood and took back up to 8 coats

still to come...
- hurricane heating system

it's not done yet... but it's getting close, and my wallet is feeling a LOT lighter and the callouses are building on the hands... :)
I'm ready to get out and start using her again!!!

anyway... most of these are in process.. i'll come back with final pics once it's all said and done. :)

-mag3

battery 1.jpg
WP_20130502_013.jpg
WP_20130502_014.jpg
WP_20130503_001.jpg
hatch.jpg
photo 1.JPG
prism 2.jpg
WP_20130416_007.jpg
WP_20130430_001.jpg
WP_20130502_001.jpg
WP_20130502_002.jpg
WP_20130502_008.jpg

Dennis Downing

Jun 3, 2013, 1:40:17 AM6/3/13
to Justin Maguire III, Passport List
Absolutely beautiful...what an inspiration!!!....dennis sv panacea

Passport Owners Association http://passportyachts.org
To post to the group, use "reply all" or send email to Passpor...@googlegroups.com
To reply to just the author, just use "reply:

Dave

Jun 3, 2013, 3:26:36 PM6/3/13
to Passpor...@googlegroups.com
Wow!,
       I'd love to hear more about your fuel tank replacement. Did you have an Aquadrive before you started, Your engine compartment looks different than my 87 P-42, did you expand the entire compartment? With your new engine how well are you able to access the raw water pump or did you add a Speedseal cover?  Can't wait for final pix.
                          Fair winds,
                                       Dave S, S/V Celestial Melody   P-42

John Warren

Jun 2, 2013, 2:17:17 PM6/2/13
to Justin Maguire III, Passpor...@googlegroups.com
Big, big WOW!!!  All I can say is what a fantastic job you've done.  Beautiful!

May 9, 2015, 10:23:40 PM5/9/15
to Passpor...@googlegroups.com
apologies for an insanely late response to this question.

getting the fuel tanks out required me to remove the door to that little stowage area in the main stateroom. disconnect them from each other... slide one over, lift it, slide out, stand up, rotate, carry to the companionway and lift out. no cutting.. very straightforward.

in terms of the engine compartment... the only thing i did was fix the fiberglass tabs to the forward bulkhead, and change the height of the engine mounts... no other change. in terms of accessing key engine domponents.. moving to the yanmar DRAMATICALLY improved the experience of accessing everything on the egine.