PHIUS+ PHI Slides?

1 view

James Scott Brew

May 25, 2016, 5:56:39 AM5/25/16
to Passive House Northwest
Greetings from Japan fellow CPHC's....I think Miwa Mori and I might be the only PH consultants in this country.

I am giving a PH talk to my colleagues at Nikken Sekkei next week (largest A/E firm in Japan and ranked high globally) and I was just wondering what to present in terms of comparing / contrasting the subject line here or just present one or the other.

Seeking advice and I really could use a few slides (with full credit given) to supplement what I have gathered in the past and from Amory on RMI's new Innovation Center...

I'd like Nikken to try a PH project in the next year....I think only 3 projects certified here are houses.

-James

Dylan Lamar

May 25, 2016, 11:31:18 AM5/25/16
to Passive...@googlegroups.com
Hi James,

Good to hear of your outreach. I'd suggest to keep the politics out of it as much as possible and, focus on the principles. That said I think PHI's new PER standard will meet with favor with the Japanese as they're figuring out the pathway forward with less nuclear power. The PER metric is quite a revolutionary step forward for the industry. Happy to chat more about this.

Here is my slidebank for such purposes, which you may use for this presentation only and not share with others. You can remove the Green Hammer logo if you like, but please offer credit to myself and Green Hammer at the start/end. I don't yet have info on the new PER standard incorporated but I have more slides on this if you're interested.

I'm also happy to hear you were able to cull material from RMI. I was the air barrier consultant on their Innovation Center. Beautiful building.

Best,
Dylan

Katrin Klingenberg

May 25, 2016, 3:34:56 PM5/25/16
to Passive...@googlegroups.com
Hi James,

Always great to hear from you :)

I agree with Dylan, stick to the science.

We are finding that the new climate specific passive building standards as launched officially last year in March (PHIUS+2015) are working very well in the field. The standards guide the designer to dialing in the necessary envelope upgrades for optimal thermal performance by climate, help optimize cost and lead the design to the sweet spot between conservation and generation. Asia has many similar climate zones as we have here in North America and climate specific passive building design I would think is certainly a topic of interest over there.

As you likely know, we worked closely with Amory and his team on the first PHIUS+ Source Zero certification of the new RMI headquarters in Basalt. I was there for the plaque dedication in January, really great building! Super exciting!

I'll send you a link to slides separately, feel free to use as you see fit.

Hope all is well!

Kat

--
Katrin Klingenberg
Executive Director

Passive House Institute US | PHIUS
116 W. Illinois St Suite 5E
Chicago, IL 60654
office: 312.561.4588
www.phius.org

#NAPHC2016 PHiladelphia -- September 21 - 25!

Sign up for our newsletter here!
Support PHIUS with a fully tax deductible contribution!

Hayden Robinson

May 29, 2016, 10:22:05 AM5/29/16
to Passive...@googlegroups.com

Hi James,

Last spring, Adam Cohen wrote that he was undertaking a year-long performance comparison of Passive House and PHIUS+. Perhaps he'd share his data set?

Good luck with your presentation.

-Hayden

Hayden Robinson Zertifizierter Passivhausdesigner

hayden robinson architect

206.691.3445