low-water-use toilet

Hayden Robinson

Jul 19, 2015, 7:15:38 PM7/19/15
to Passive...@googlegroups.com

Hello everyone,

A couple months back, I replaced the 1.6 gpf Kohler Wellworth Lite, I'd had for the past couple of decades, with a 0.5/0.95 dual-flush Niagara Stealth. I'm not a toilet-performance snob, so I can't say much more than that I was satisfied with the Kohler, and I'm just as pleased with the Niagara. It seems like it works as well as any toilet I've come across.

A misgiving about the Niagara is that it's mechanism is not the usual, find-it-at-any-hardware-store, kind of thing, so maintenance and repairs may be less convenient and more expensive. Also, it is only available in ADA height. And only in white.

In case you're interested, many water utilities in the Seattle/King County are offering $75 rebates, through savingwater.org, for efficient toilets.

-Hayden

Hayden Robinson Zertifizierter Passivhausdesigner

hayden robinson architect

206.691.3445

Hayden Robinson

Oct 2, 2016, 3:56:12 PM10/2/16
to Passive...@googlegroups.com

I just noticed in a flyer from  Seattle Public Utilities that $100 toilet-upgrade rebates are being offered to customers of various water departments. I wrote about my Niagara Stealth 0.5/0.95 dual flush in July, 2015. Now that I’ve lived with it for about a year and a half, I’m upgrading my assessment to “pretty darned impressed.” I would say that it works better than both the 1.6 gpf toilet it replaced and the flushometer toilets at my office. My only hesitation about recommending it would have to do with not knowing about the availability of replacement parts—though I’ve had no problems so far. I am now planning on buying another to install in the mother-in-law unit downstairs.

Hayden Robinson

Oct 2, 2016, 4:21:33 PM10/2/16
to Passive...@googlegroups.com

In case you’re interested in looking into one, I just picked one up on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/Niagara-N7714T-DF-Stealth-Efficiency-Toilet/dp/B00NPRYOMU