Glo European Windows hiring a Window & Door Field Service Technician

1 view

Angela Cluney

Nov 13, 2017, 3:24:40 PM11/13/17
to Passive House Northwest

Job Position: Window and Door Field Service Technician

Glo European Windows is a Missoula, Montana based team of professionals dedicated to improving the performance of building envelopes through high-performance windows and doors. Our staff has a combined total of over 100 years experience in the green building field. Our foundation has ranged from general construction, super-insulation and air-sealing of high performance building, passive house design, building science, and energy modeling. With this in mind, energy efficient windows and doors became a natural transition in supplying a quality product. We are passionate about future generations and leaving a legacy of performance and long term durability through our fenestration products.

This position is responsible for traveling to customer locations and performing maintenance, installation and service repairs of our European window and door systems.  Provide technical support for residential and commercial projects.  Review work order and related manuals, blueprints and schematic diagrams to determine tasks to be performed and tools, equipment and parts needed for service assignment.

Warehouse

  • Facilities Maintenance
  • Receive Orders and manage inventory
  • Shipping and Crating.  Use of USPS and UPS
  • Vehicle and Equipment maintenance and upkeep

Field Installation

  • Advisory/Supervisory installation on residential and commercial projects
  • Read Construction plans/Drawings
  • Train and consult with carpenters/field staff for installation and planning purposes

Field Service

  • Window and Door Maintenance
  • Perform warranty repairs
  • Diagnose and perform parts ordering and replacement
  • Troubleshoot hardware systems for windows and doors
  • Estimating labor/materials for current and upcoming projects
  • Rough carpentry
  • Perform material and equipment rental
  • Scheduling repairs, meetings, visits and maintenance
  • Collaborate with all team members and outside vendors
  • Perform catalogue and manual reading and review
  • Provide technical support to clients via email and telephone
  • Deliver windows and doors with pickup truck and trailer or 26’ box truck
  • Up to 30% of hours worked may be on over night travel on a regional and national level

Office

  • Email and Telephone correspondence
  • Tracking expenses and costs - Coding and filing receipt
  • Perform job estimating
  • Participate in team meetings
  • Complete timesheet on a weekly basis
  • Product manual creation/review – writing and editing
  • Construction plan reviews with sales and project managers

Client Service

  • Scheduling visits for installation and maintenance
  • Participate in conference calls with vendors and clients
  • Perform on the job technical support and oversight of installation and maintenance
  • Facilitate and participate in client meetings

Travel

  • Regional, national and occasional international travel
  • Up to 30% overnight travel
  • Create travel arrangements – Hotel, plan and vehicle rentals

This is an entry level position. The successful applicant will be trained in many of the above listed activities. Starting wages will be in accordance with the new hire’s level of experience. The main requirements for this position are a high degree of aptitude in the areas of mechanical skill and tool usage, problem solving, efficient and effective use of time, and the ability to plan ahead. Individuals who do not possess these important qualifications should not apply. A background in residential carpentry preferred.

Serious inquiries, please email resumes to: ma...@glowindows.com

Website: www.glowindows.com

Location: 1001 S 4th St West, Suite 1

                 Missoula, MT 59801