September 2017 is Passive House month in Seattle

1 view

Zack Semke

Sep 5, 2017, 6:23:02 PM9/5/17
to Passive...@googlegroups.com
Hello fellow Passive House peeps,

September is shaping up to be a BIG Passive House month for Seattle and the region. I hope you can carve out some time to take advantage of this embarrassment of riches, and to share the Passive House movement with friends, colleagues, and clients.

Here's what's coming:

Motif Hotel, Seattle. September 27 - October 1. (Core Conference: 9/29-9/30)

Keynote speakers:
Doug Farr, Farr Associates
Brian Patterson, EMerge Alliance
Eric Werling, Building American National Director, US DOE
Dr. Yu Zou, Deputy Director of China Academy of Building Research

2. Seattle Ice Box Challenge
Occidental Square Park, Seattle. September 9 - September 28.

A code-built box competes with a Passive House box. Each contains 1200 pounds of ice. How much ice will melt in each box? The competition kicks off at the Seattle Design Festival and ends at the ice unveiling ceremony at 12:15pm on Thursday, 9/28. Come check it out! Bring a friend! (Better yet, volunteer to "docent" for the lunchtime crowds in Occidental Park. Email me at za...@nkarch.com if you're interested.)

3. Passive House Around the Sound
Seattle Central Library. September 27, 6-8pm
FREE with registration.

PHIUS' Katrin Klingenberg will present an introduction to passive house and national report, followed by Dan Whitmore and (me) Zack Semke presenting a deeper dive into passive buildings around the Puget Sound.  REGISTER (Free or by donation)

4. High Performance Window Installations
At Zola Windows Showroom in downtown Seattle. September 13, 6-8pm
FREE to ATTEND, no REGISTRATION required.

Zola Windows and SIGA will demonstrate window installations with their latest high-performance products. PHAUS will be raffling off a pair of tickets to the 12th Annual North American Passive House Conference. Don’t miss this chance to learn about passive building window installations and to win a pair of conference tickets.

I'm looking forward to seeing you all (a lot) in September!
-Zack