QC Toolkit Suggestions for the Passive House Architect?

Benjamin Wolk-Weiss

Apr 28, 2017, 9:46:25 PM4/28/17
to Passive House Northwest
Hi All,

I'm starting to build up my toolkit of devices to bring to project sites to do QC checks and take measurements important to quality construction and Passive House especially. I'm talking beyond your standard tools like tape measures (laser tapes included), cameras, etc. I do have a 360º camera that doesn't measure anything but is real handy to take a quick picture of an entire room in one click.

What do people bring to their project sites? What's in your go-bag for visiting one of your Passive House projects?

So far I have:

  • Pin-type moisture meter for measuring framing MC%
  • Anemometer for checking airflows

I'm saving up for a thermal camera right now.

I hope you all have interesting toolkits to share.