Sanden HPWH must now be UL listed in Seattle

George

Jun 30, 2015, 12:43:57 PM6/30/15
to Passive...@googlegroups.com

City approved on 25 Jun 2015 the installation of a Sanden GAU-A45-HPA , without UL listing, in my single family house in Seattle.  Thanks to several PHnw members for blazing the trail that I followed and for providing me with technical information for my submittal.

However, that trail is now closed.  I asked city if approval of my HPWH meant other units could be installed and they said no, mine was the last and was nearly rejected.  They feel that it is not fair to approve non-UL Sandens when other manufacturers must be UL listed.

In spring 2015, Sanden USA began the process of getting UL listed.  So it should be a year or less before Sanden HPWH can again get installed in Seattle.

George Ostrow

VELOCIPEDE architects inc