High-performance replacement IGUs

Hayden Robinson

Oct 14, 2017, 12:05:06 PM10/14/17
to Passive...@googlegroups.com

Hi, PHNW.

I need to replace a bunch of failing IGUs, in wood-framed windows, at my house. I’m looking for Cardinal LowE 180 #2 with i89 #4, argon fill and thermally-improved (stainless steel or silicone) spacers. Also laminated interior panes.

Though nice people, some residential glazers don’t have the background to understand what I’m asking for. One got close, but insisted in all caps that spacers are always, always aluminum.

Since I’m going to all this trouble and spending all this money. And since it’s a long-term thing. And since it impacts the size of the replacement mechanical plant I also need, I want to get what I want.

Any suggestions? Has anyone worked with Herzog on this scale/type of work?

Thanks,

Hayden

Albert Rooks

Oct 14, 2017, 8:16:50 PM10/14/17
to Passive...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hayden,

You might want to try the local EuroLine or CASCADIA rep. Both have production in Vancouver and have developed the more sophisticated supply chain with their IGU suppliers. Maybe they can treat this as a replacement sale.

Best,

Albert.

Sent from my iPhone

I Rok123

Oct 15, 2017, 1:18:20 PM10/15/17
to Passive...@googlegroups.com
To replace the glass in wood windows is extremely painful process. Good luck.I assume is tilt+turn windows. Did it few times, and never again. Glass is glued with silicone, mission impossible is to take it out without making the marks on the window frames. Also, glazing stops glued, is a good chance they will brake and crack during the process, so you may have to get/ order/ or custom make the new ones.

This is from the guy who lived in Germany for 8 years and use to make windows there.

I will recommend the glass with Warm edge spacers.

Regards
Mario Holod
Euroline windows
425-361-6659

Hayden Robinson

Oct 15, 2017, 8:45:30 PM10/15/17
to Passive...@googlegroups.com

Thanks, Mario. Do you know where I can get the warm-edge glass units made?

-Hayden

I Rok123

Oct 15, 2017, 10:28:13 PM10/15/17
to Passive...@googlegroups.com
Euroline can get you those. All I need is sizes, overall thickness, quantities... We use only Warm edge spacers in Euroline.

Regards
Mario