Double Wall Framing

1 view

Pete Ekstrom

Oct 27, 2016, 5:08:12 PM10/27/16
to Passive House Northwest
I'm planning on building a Passive type house for myself next year.  Not intending on getting the certifications or anything, just looking for all of the benefits (efficiency, longevity...).

I've done plenty of standard framing and resid construction but nothing geared towards extreme energy efficiency.

Are there any recommended online or printed resources I could use as a guide for the actual framing?

Thank you very much!

Peter

Floris Keverling Buisman

Oct 27, 2016, 5:21:48 PM10/27/16
to Passive...@googlegroups.com
Peter,

You can check our details for high R-value/airtight walls here:
Including double stud walls

And our free e-books:

Keep it tight
Floris

Adam Cohen

Oct 27, 2016, 5:22:31 PM10/27/16
to Passive...@googlegroups.com

Pete look at the build smart system.

Buildsmartna.com

Sent from mobile. Please excuse mis-types.

Pete Ekstrom

Oct 27, 2016, 6:41:47 PM10/27/16
to Passive House Northwest
Thank you very much Floris!  This is will be very helpful.