Invitations

1 view

Mike

Sep 25, 2017, 6:00:57 PM9/25/17
to Passive House Northwest
Hello Northwesterners!
Mike Kernagis here. I hope this finds you well. I'm writing with a couple reminders on events around this week's PHIUS conference in Seattle.

From 6-8pm on Wednesday September 27, we'll be hosting a public event in the Auditorium of the central branch of the Seattle Public Library.

Seattle Public Library
1000 Fourth Ave
Seattle, WA 98104-1109
6:00-8:00pm

Titled "Passive House Around the Sound," the event will feature presentations from Katrin, accompanied by PHNW's own Zack Semke and Dan Whitmore. They'll introduce passive house and provide a report on national traction, then explore passive building around Puget Sound, going into a little detail of how it works and how it has the potential to significantly reduce the impact of buildings on climate change.
   The event is free and open to the public (free registration here), so spread the word and help get more local folks hip to PH!

   We're also very excited to help celebrate the release of Passive House Details, a new book from three accomplished passive building experts, who all live and work right here in the Northwest! It provides a treasure trove of answers in the form of fully illustrated construction details from completed projects, research and analysis, and hundreds of images of beautiful projects.

This is a must-have resource for CPHCs and certified builders. With comprehensive case studies of a ton of projects, it’s also a great marketing tool.

The research, analysis, and building science are as rock solid as the three authors. Donald B. Corner is a practicing architect and member of the College of Distinguished Professors of the Association of Collegiate Schools of Architecture. Jan C. Fillinger is principal of STUDIO-E Architecture, a certified passive house consultant, an educator, and a developer of sustainable projects in Eugene, Oregon, USA.  Alison G. Kwok, PhD, is an architect and certified passive house consultant. She teaches design studios, building performance seminars, and environmental technology. She is co-author of the Green Studio Handbook and the indispensable Mechanical and Electrical Equipment for Buildings.

You can get your own copy this week at the conference—and even get it signed!

-- because the authors will be participating in a book-signing in the exhibit hall of our conference on Friday, September 29, at 5:30-7:00pm in the Seattle Ballroom of the Motif Hotel.

Inline image 1

This event is also free and open to the public. So please come on down, check out the book and say hi...and while you're there, check out our exhibit hall chock-full of groovy PH products and services! I'm also starting a rumor that Henry Gifford and Doug Farr may be there, hawking their upcoming awesome books.

Hope to see you there -
Mike

Mike Kernagis
PHIUS