Speaker at USGBC International Summit (DC) Nov 7th

James Scott Brew

Jun 23, 2015, 6:42:57 PM6/23/15
to Passive...@googlegroups.com
Greetings fellow PH people....My friend at USGBC (GBCI) is looking for a speaker as he describes below...Best if DC area based, but open to anyone with the right experience...I'll connect you if you are interested...

In particular we’re looking for somebody to speak to examples of how the need for housing has been met, ideally without significantly displacing people who were already there. An early draft description for this session reads: “Urbanization in cities across the globe presents a number of complex challenges including how to house existing and new city-dwellers while ensuring equity for all. Hear how Brazil and Germany are working to provide decent, affordable housing and how green buildings can help meet the need for housing that addresses social equity.” Early learning objectives include: 1.Understand some of the reasons behind the equity challenges of urban growth. 2. Understand how the different drivers of equity issues demand different solutions for housing ownership models, design, construction, and occupancy 3. Learn how some of these solutions have worked...or not. 4. Identify some of the current opportunities for green building in meeting the growing need for urban housing.

Rob Harrison AIA

Jun 23, 2015, 6:48:56 PM6/23/15
to Passive...@googlegroups.com
I sure would like to attend that seminar. :) We are deep into this discussion in Seattle.

Rob Harrison
Certified Passivhaus Designer + Consultant

On Jun 23, 2015, at 3:42 PM, James Scott Brew <jamessc...@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

BB Gmail

Jun 23, 2015, 7:39:17 PM6/23/15
to Passive...@googlegroups.com
Best speaker and project that I've seen on this topic is UK-based architect, Mark Elton. We had him present his EnerPHit social housing project at NAPHN14 in Portland, Maine. His website and contact info may be found here:  http://www.sustainablebydesign.co.uk/Mark%20Elton_CV.html

Good luck!
Bronwyn.

Sent from my iPhone