Re: Actual documentation

Scott Alexander

Mar 14, 2011, 11:22:12 AM3/14/11
to nmodbus...@googlegroups.com
I lost the domain to a squatter and couldn't make a deal w/ him to get it back.

The chm is included in each download
http://code.google.com/p/nmodbus/downloads/list and can be regenerated
using the nant task.

On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 7:22 AM, Conrad Braam <conra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Um, the file nmodbus.chm is not in the SVN depot?
> Is there any quick-start or strategy documentation or was this all on
> the hijacked website/homepage that no longer exists?
>
> I'm still worried about the nmodbus.com domain address being hacked -
> no response on this point yet either.

Conrad Braam

Mar 13, 2011, 10:22:01 AM3/13/11
to NModbus

Conrad Braam

Mar 14, 2011, 5:08:48 PM3/14/11
to NModbus
Hi Scott

Actually quite angry about the domain-name squatter, you may want to
cut him off all links.

I was looking for an architecture and strategy document, I want to
know what nmodbus can do, or be made to do.

Never used nant before. I am using the SVN root, not the zip file -
since it is not my intention to steal this code once I've figured out
the usage strategy. But I'm giving up on installing NAnt just to
generate the chm, which I now have, not that it answers my questions.

I'm after the architecture documentation if you managed to rescue it,
thanks. I'm not a C# guru like yourself, still pretty fresh to C#,
since like most of the users of this project I have an industrial and
embedded background. The code looks very sweet, need a while to figure
it out :-)

regards
Conrad B

On Mar 14, 3:22 pm, Scott Alexander <sja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I lost the domain to a squatter and couldn't make a deal w/ him to get it back.
>
> The chm is included in each downloadhttp://code.google.com/p/nmodbus/downloads/listand can be regenerated

viklele

Mar 15, 2011, 12:04:29 AM3/15/11
to NModbus
Hi Scott,

It is really sad that you lost the domain.

Have you tried registering your complaint with ICANN. Here is the
link:
http://reports.internic.net/cgi/registrars/problem-report.cgi

If you have not already done it, at least register a complaint for
what ever its worth. It certainly won't harm in any way. What was the
problem? Did you not get domain expiry due notice?

Regards,
- Vikram Lele

On Mar 14, 8:22 pm, Scott Alexander <sja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I lost the domain to a squatter and couldn't make a deal w/ him to get it back.
>
> The chm is included in each downloadhttp://code.google.com/p/nmodbus/downloads/listand can be regenerated
> using the nant task.

Big Brian

Apr 11, 2011, 1:16:35 PM4/11/11
to NModbus
Really sorry to hear about the squatter.

There were some really good code samples on the website. Have these
been reloaded anywhere?

Thanks,

Brian.

On Mar 14, 4:22 pm, Scott Alexander <sja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I lost the domain to a squatter and couldn't make a deal w/ him to get it back.
>
> The chm is included in each downloadhttp://code.google.com/p/nmodbus/downloads/listand can be regenerated

Scott Alexander

Apr 11, 2011, 1:57:37 PM4/11/11
to nmodbus...@googlegroups.com

Big Brian

Apr 11, 2011, 2:34:19 PM4/11/11
to NModbus
Hi Scott,

Thanks for this, however there seems to be a redirect on this that
takes me to www.nmodbus.com

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Brian.

On Apr 11, 6:57 pm, Scott Alexander <sja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://www.nmodbus.org/

David Harris

Apr 11, 2011, 2:01:45 PM4/11/11
to nmodbus...@googlegroups.com
The best way to do it would be to visit:

It would probably be a good idea to use the Google Code included wiki for all this information. Not having any live resources makes this project look dead.

Big Brian

Apr 11, 2011, 3:04:48 PM4/11/11
to NModbus
Brilliant.

Thanks very much. Very much appreciated.

Between spammers and squatters is a shame how a few jerks can screw
everything up for the rest of us.

Thank you,

Brian.