Next Python Special Interest Group - June 5th

Andy Fundinger

May 25, 2013, 1:09:40 PM5/25/13
to make...@googlegroups.com

The next Python Special Interest Group Meeting will be June 5th at 8pm and we are looking for speakers and topics.  This is an open invitation for either.  Neither needs to be purely Python or all that polished as our goal is mostly to have some degree of like-minded discussion.  Talks should be thought of as 10-15 minutes and we'll discuss for at least 15 minutes after, though if you want to suggest a discussion with no talk that's fine too.

We're looking for two talks:

* a "pure Python" topic, a library or technique, a speaker or discussion depending what there is interest in

* "hackerspace Python" topic with Python used to control a device or used in some sort of hacker project, or some MakerBar project that would seem particularly interesting to this group--even with no Python at all.  The Red Bull project would be a fine example here if any of that team were interested

Comments on this thread or to An...@makerbar.com would be great, thanks.

Andy Fundinger

May 25, 2013, 1:26:32 PM5/25/13
to Make...@googlegroups.com, make...@googlegroups.com, an...@fundinger.name
I forgot to include the link to RSVP at meetup:

Andy Fundinger

Jun 4, 2013, 6:24:22 AM6/4/13
to Make...@googlegroups.com, make...@googlegroups.com, an...@fundinger.name
Just an update on talks:

* Andy Fundinger will be talking about a library called flock that he's been playing around with. flock uses lambdas and closures to handle systems of equations with variable parameters and a need for reevaluation.

* Zack Freedman will be talking about how to make devices that speak a serial protocol to enable your combined hardware/software projects.

More details/RSVP at:

http://www.meetup.com/MakerBar/events/120102892/?_af_eid=120102892&a=uc1_te&_af=event

Zack Freedman

Jun 4, 2013, 9:37:22 AM6/4/13
to Make...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I'm totally excited for this! I'll demonstrate resurrecting an old touchpad by writing drivers in Python. Fusing the real and the virtual is fun!

I've never used python before, so if I can do it, you can too.

See you tomorrow!
--
Zack Freedman // Hardware Hacker from the Near Future // 973 506 9225
I don't check email often. To reach me more rapidly, call me up.