Messenger Groups

Katie Gourley

Nov 7, 2017, 9:20:17 AM11/7/17
to MaineICUsersGroup
I have a teacher that is looking to  use messenger with a group of kids that he is assigned to over see. They are not assigned to him in any official class. I can make a section and put them in it for him to see, but it shows up as a class on their schedules. I know there has to be an easy way to do this.

Ideas? Solutions?

Thanks!
Katie

Sue Crovo

Nov 7, 2017, 9:23:03 AM11/7/17
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
We set up a class in a period at the end of the day, which we call Access.  It is not included on reports and is excluded from storing grades and excluded from attendance.

Nancy Embry

Nov 7, 2017, 10:06:20 AM11/7/17
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
I have given people Messenger privileges without overall filtering privileges,
and then created the Ad Hoc for them by pulling in the names...a way to associate
them without any other formal association in IC.

It's the only filter they have, and they can't make any more, but it works.

N.

On Tue, Nov 7, 2017 at 9:20 AM, Katie Gourley <ka...@rsu25.org> wrote:

Nancy Embry

Data Systems Manager