Is anyone getting through to MEDMS today

Audet, Norma-Jean

Nov 7, 2017, 12:38:21 PM11/7/17
to maineicu...@googlegroups.com
Either by email or phone?

--
Norma-Jean Audet
Technology Director
RSU #4 Litchfield - Sabattus - Wales
Oak Hill High School
56 School Road
Wales, ME 04280
207.375.4950 x 393
norma-je...@rsu4.org

Notices:

This email message is intended for the exclusive use of the individual(s) or entity(ies) addressed above. It may contain information that is privileged and/or confidential under both state and federal law, including confidential education records. If you are not the intended recipient or an agent of the recipient, you are notified that any further dissemination, copy or disclosure of this communication is strictly prohibited.

Please also be advised that, subject to certain exceptions, emails may be classified as public records under Maine law, and could be released to the public and/or the media if requested.

Ramona Bennett

Nov 7, 2017, 12:39:37 PM11/7/17
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
Got thru at 8:02 this morning - they actually answered the phone.  This round on hold for 57 minutes and counting.  Regarding email - waiting on responses to emails send on 10/31/

Ramona L. Bennett
RSU 24 Data Manager
2165 US Highway 1
Sullivan, ME  04664

Audet, Norma-Jean

Nov 7, 2017, 12:46:00 PM11/7/17
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
26 minutes of listening to the loud music and low voice recording... Finally hung up.  No response from emails yet - I may have you beat date wise - 10/25

Michelle Reny

Nov 7, 2017, 12:47:28 PM11/7/17
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
20 minutes of holding so far
Michelle Reny

Wallace, Andrew

Nov 7, 2017, 12:53:25 PM11/7/17
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
one hour twenty five minutes and my call was answered

Nov 7, 2017, 1:01:08 PM11/7/17
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
I got lucky and got them mid-morning to answer my last question.

Waiting on my Superintendent now that my SpEd Director has certified her part.

And then I'm done!

On Tue, Nov 7, 2017 at 12:37 PM, Audet, Norma-Jean <norma-je...@rsu4.org> wrote:

Nancy Embry

Data Systems Manager
Kittery School Department
207 439-2572  Ext. 108

nem...@kitteryschools.com

Wallace, Andrew

Nov 7, 2017, 1:14:03 PM11/7/17
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
My head is about to explode, and I worry about making a very poorly timed upload... (sorry for x post)

Here is my situation, and I appreciate advice:

Our Economic Status download form IC has multiple entries for kids. This is normal, of course since we use the extra window to gather FRAM forms and enter data.

My gut tells me to delete the 2nd entries before uploading.

I am curious, what dates should I be putting into this spreadsheet for start date and end date..

My goal is to avoid the chaos and extra work I recall other people reporting.

Am I on the right path?  SOS...!

Ramona Bennett

Nov 7, 2017, 1:18:43 PM11/7/17
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
I just used the start of school and June 25, 2018 for the end date.  You can pull the upload as of 10-1-17 so that information should be accurate.

Sam Iggulden

Nov 7, 2017, 1:25:52 PM11/7/17
to MaineICUsersGroup
I haven't even tried the phone for the last two weeks. I have sent about 5 emails in the last week that have not been answered.

And I will be sending one more today to indicate that we're not certifying today because the data isn't right (and will highlight the number of remaining issues and unanswered helpdesk emails).

On a call with Charlotte yesterday, somebody (I think it was Will) asked: Is it better to certify bad data, or to miss the deadline?

And Charlotte replied something like: Don't certify bad data, if you miss the deadline you'll be getting a call from us at some point to work through any remaining issues.

In prior years, I recall re-certifying our EPS as late as December, so I'm content to wait until they are ready to make any corrections that I can't make for them.

Sam Iggulden

Nov 7, 2017, 1:39:45 PM11/7/17
to MaineICUsersGroup
Hi Andy

I didn't have any trouble uploading multiple FRAM records per kid.

As I understand it, the big issue with FRAM was if the start or end date was outside of the current school year... and IC's extract corrected for that problem a couple of weeks ago (forcing a minimum start date of 7/1/2017 and maximum end date of 6/30/2018).

You can't have overlapping dates on the same kid (which isn't possible in IC's interface

However if you mass changed a bunch of FRAM dates in IC, and then tried to upload those records over existing records in Synergy, then I don't think the new dates will get recognized because synergy sees it as a date range overlap when trying to insert a new record, as opposed to a date update of an existing record.

In those case, I think the only solution is to correct the date manually in Synergy... but I wouldn't spend time doing that unless it's going to change the CountsFRL column  on the EPS (i.e. only fix things if it changes the 10/1 status).

Nancy Embry

Nov 7, 2017, 1:40:54 PM11/7/17
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
I did the same for the start, and used 06/30/18 for the end.

Now that I've certified, and I'm going to load the actual changed
status from NK into IC.

Wallace, Andrew

Nov 7, 2017, 1:59:52 PM11/7/17
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
Thanks all! This has been quite an experience. Good luck to you all.
Nov 7, 2017, 2:42:33 PM11/7/17
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
We have the same thing and I had to take out the 2nd status as I was getting way too many error. I have left it as the status it was on Oct 1st.  Now that we are passed the 30 school day roll over for F & R I am going to have to go in an update IC with the changes, but not til after I get everything certified. The status are right in Nutrikids so it isn't effecting daily transactions.

Katie