Google Docs Integration

William Backman

Aug 12, 2016, 1:10:38 PM8/12/16
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
Are others seeing the google docs integration settings in the system admin section of IC?
Anyone tried setting it up?

--
Will Backman
Director of Technology

"Technology is anything that wasn’t around when you were born." –Alan Kay

Jeanne Houde

Aug 12, 2016, 4:12:23 PM8/12/16
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
I saw that, Google Drive.  Has anyone tried that?

Jeanne Houde
Data Management Advisor
MSAD/RSU35
Cell:  207-752-1253

Lisa Quigley

Aug 12, 2016, 10:24:09 PM8/12/16
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I see it, but have not tried it.

Lisa Quigley
Data Manager
Biddeford School Department
ext. 7040

On Fri, Aug 12, 2016 at 1:10 PM, William Backman <wbac...@aos92.org> wrote:

Tonya

Aug 16, 2016, 8:15:14 PM8/16/16
to MaineICUsersGroup
I set it up this weekend.  I've done several tests of it as both a teacher and a student and so far it works great.  Just a heads up, there is one incorrect step in the directions they give you.  In the Google Apps for Education setup instructions, step 5 they tell you to enter the Service Account Client ID in the Client Name field but you are actually supposed to put in the Oath key (which they show in the example given for that step).  Also when creating a Service Account you have to add a role, and their directions don't show that either.

Roy Bailey

Aug 17, 2016, 7:42:19 AM8/17/16
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
We've got it working (partially). Teachers are able to post from their Google Drive, but students get the following error if they try:

Google Drive Login Error:
The user you selected is not within your school's configured domain, please login again using your school's domain account.

Both are in the same domain, but different OUs. I've opened a ticket with Custom Computers.

Cheers,
Roy

The information transmitted herein is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the e-mail and any attachments from any computer.

Roy D. Bailey, Jr. - Director of IT
Bow School District
55 Falcon Way
Bow, New Hampshire 03304-4219