Automated Data Uploads to Transfinder

Anita Petitt

Jan 21, 2015, 9:31:27 AM1/21/15
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com

We are transitioning from VersaTrans to Transfinder, and hope to automate the transfer of student data from Infinite Campus to Transfinder.   They will accept a data file for upload from their secure ftp site, but we need to place the data in that location.   Has anyone else used Custom Computer for programming that end of the transaction?    If so, I would appreciate any comments on your experience.

Sam Iggulden

Jan 21, 2015, 12:15:44 PM1/21/15
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
Hi Anita

We built our own export... you just need a SQL query and a simple PHP script to turn the query results into a csv file, and then you write a one line batch file for FTP'ing the file to state (using a free tool such WinSCP).  Schedule both scripts to run daily using Windows Task Scheduler and Transfinder should handle the rest.  Transfinder can also provide you with a field mapping tool to help you figure out the field list for your export file.

I have set this up for a few other districts as as well... so if that is an option that interests you, feel free to email me privately.

Lori Faulkner

Jan 21, 2015, 2:48:23 PM1/21/15
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com

We did it and it was a ton of work, just on the IC data cleanup to meet their requirements. But with that said we do have a SQL that we run daily and send it to them.

If you want more info on the query we run we would be happy to share. I have learned one thing in this job. Share and people are nice enough to share back.

Lori

Lori Faulkner

Director of Technology

Maine School Administrative District 49