Fee Module

Melissa

Mar 14, 2018, 12:08:54 PM3/14/18
to MaineICUsersGroup
I'm looking for any feedback on what districts using fees like about this module and things that you may not like how they work.  We are entertaining using the fee module.    Thank you.

William Backman

Mar 14, 2018, 12:13:58 PM3/14/18
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
We use it in our district. I think in general people like it, but I'm not the one who uses it day to day.

On Wed, Mar 14, 2018 at 12:08 PM, Melissa <Melissa...@msad40.org> wrote:
I'm looking for any feedback on what districts using fees like about this module and things that you may not like how they work.  We are entertaining using the fee module.    Thank you.

This email message is intended for the exclusive use of the individual or entity addressed above. It may contain information that is privileged and/or confidential under both state and federal law, including confidential education records. If you are not the intended recipient or an agent of the recipient, you are notified that any further dissemination, copy or disclosure of this communication is strictly prohibited. Please also be advised that, subject to certain exceptions, emails may be classified as public records under Maine law, and could be released to the public and/or the media if requested.

Will Backman
Director of Technology
Kennebec Valley Consolidated Schools - AOS92.org
Vassalboro - Waterville - Winslow

"The future is already here – it's just not evenly distributed.." –William Gibson

Wallace, Andrew

Mar 14, 2018, 12:15:09 PM3/14/18
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
we use it. like Will, it's not really something I do a lot of. The secretaries add it all in

Our district uses the Fee Module too, it's mostly used at our Middle School and High School. I haven't heard any complaints so I assume they like it.

Lisa Quigley
Data Manager
Biddeford/Dayton School Department

[...]

Please note: My email address has changed. The trailing portion is now @biddefordschools.me.
Please update your address book/contacts to reflect this new address.
Thank you.

Nancy Embry

Mar 14, 2018, 12:37:42 PM3/14/18
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
I wanted to and got shot down, since our Business Manager at the
time was all about PayPal.

Would have been way easier to use IC, all in all.

[...]

Data Systems Manager
Kittery School Department
207 439-2572  Ext. 108

nem...@kitteryschools.com

Audet, Norma-Jean

Mar 14, 2018, 1:13:09 PM3/14/18
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
We have used the Fee module since 09-10 when we transitioned to IC.

Within the district, it is used for activity, library and technology fees. Each department maintains their own fees. Secretaries use it for invoicing and it comes in handy for cleaning up outstanding fees for graduating seniors.

Fees are displayed on the parent portal and they can use credit cards / checks to pay fees and lunch balances.

[...]

Norma-Jean Audet
Technology Director
RSU #4 Litchfield - Sabattus - Wales
Oak Hill High School
56 School Road
Wales, ME 04280
207.375.4950 x 393
norma-je...@rsu4.org

Notices:

This email message is intended for the exclusive use of the individual(s) or entity(ies) addressed above. It may contain information that is privileged and/or confidential under both state and federal law, including confidential education records. If you are not the intended recipient or an agent of the recipient, you are notified that any further dissemination, copy or disclosure of this communication is strictly prohibited.

Linda Chaisson

Mar 14, 2018, 6:27:04 PM3/14/18
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
We have also used the Fees module since 2009 especially in the HS. Any and all school related fees are tracked here for each student. We had some issues with Vanco accuracy and moved our online payments to AndroGov last year then they are manually posted to IC by a secretary which is not ideal but it works for us. We no longer have parents questioning the accuracy of the payments. But as for the Fees module itself it works great.

Sent from my iPhone
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to MaineICUsersGr...@googlegroups.com.

Sam Iggulden

Mar 15, 2018, 12:57:03 PM3/15/18
to MaineICUsersGroup
We use it mostly at our HS, and a little at the MS.  I think it's OK for the most part, but has some annoyances...

1) I think this is pretty standard for accounting software, but you can't delete fees or payments (or anything in the fee module really) - you can only "void" things.  Retains a paper trail I guess, but it can frustrate and confuse when people make typo's.

2) Also, payments just go against a student's balance, and are not necessarily applied to a specific item, so when multiple fees exists it can sometimes get difficult to tell what's been paid and what is outstanding.

3) Like Linda, we use AndroPay for online payments instead of IC's online payment tool... so there is a degree of manual posting that I wish we could avoid.

Linda Chaisson

Mar 16, 2018, 3:25:34 PM3/16/18
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
We were able to set it up so that when a payment is made through AndroGov it is directed at a specific fee so it can be applied that way when entering it IC.