Fwd: [contacts-me] Infinite Campus updates

William Backman

Aug 3, 2017, 1:56:28 PM8/3/17
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jason Kramer <jason....@infinitecampus.com>
Date: Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 1:30 PM
Subject: [contacts-me] Infinite Campus updates
To: "Maine - All Contacts (conta...@lists.infinitecampus.com)" <conta...@lists.infinitecampus.com>

Good afternoon.  I’ve been receiving a number of emails asking for specifics on where we’re at with our state reporting extracts.  Right now we’re on track to deliver them in 1733 which is scheduled to be released on August 14.  The extracts include student personal, enrollment, and the new state ID extract and import.

The next steps for us include working on 3 additional extracts related to enrollment.  This includes the SPED report, the economic status report, and English Learners.  I’ll keep you posted as work progresses on these.

Longer term, we will be working on CTE, Proficiency, Truancy, Attendance, and Behavior reports.  Some of those are fairly complex though and we don't have a clear target for availability.

Also, as you may know, the DOE has requested that Infinite Campus change the school ID and district ID for the Infinite Campus District Edition users in preparation for the state discontinuing their use of State Edition.  To that end, we are in the process of creating support cases for each Campus district in Maine to track this work.  All changes/updates will be done after 7pm ET per our existing contract.  If we have any questions, someone from either Managed Services or our Data team will contact you directly.

We expect your site to be down anywhere between 30 minutes to an hour.

Lastly, several of you have emailed me asking about some sort of export tool allowing districts to extract old enrollment codes and replace them with new ones.  Evidently the DOE (Travis Wood?) has told several of you that we’re working on this tool.  While we’re not working on a tool per se, we are looking into running a one-off conversion script to update existing 17-18 enrollments but further discussion is needed with both the DOE and the focus group.

Feel free to contact me with any other questions.

http://image.s6.exacttarget.com/lib/fe891272716c0d7d7c/m/1/IC-Logo-v1.png

Jason Kramer | Sr. Client Executive

Direct: 763.795.4093 | Toll Free: 800.850.2335
Fax: 651.697.1203
www.infinitecampus.com

--
Will Backman
Director of Technology

"The future is already here – it's just not evenly distributed.." –William Gibson

Richard Bergeron, Jr

Aug 3, 2017, 2:47:23 PM8/3/17
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
There is an error on the posted Enrollment upload located at http://maine.gov/doe/data/documents/Synergy_upload_codes/Enrollment/Enrollment.xlsx.
The field HomelessCode should have a field length of <=11 and not (0 or 1) as posted. The possible values are:
Shelters
DoubledUp
Unsheltered
HotelMotel

I am in an airport right now and will fix the Data Dictionary when I can get to a better connection.

Rick Bergeron

Rick