Written Notices

Peter Kuzyk

Sep 21, 2017, 11:28:37 AM9/21/17
to maineicu...@googlegroups.com
Anyone running into this issue...

The new Written Notice has small text boxes and as case managers type in the box it makes the text very small until you can't even read it and it prints the same way.  There is an overflow check box option that puts all but one line from the text box into an appendix at the end of the document but the State says that is not allowed and the text needs to be within the document and the text boxes need to be expandable.  IC support says that the text boxes are one size because pagination would be thrown off.   Have call into IC to see if that can be changed for Maine.

Peter

April Clifford

Sep 28, 2017, 12:51:47 PM9/28/17
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
We are having this issue as well, did you get any updates?

Thanks,
April

April Clifford
Technology Coordinator
Ellsworth School Department

The information transmitted herein is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential material.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.  If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the e-mail and any attachments from any computer.

Peter Kuzyk

Sep 29, 2017, 8:56:53 AM9/29/17
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
The Written Notice problem has been assigned to development.  The State is not allowing the use of the overflow function to create an appendix so they are increasing the space for comments so the text is not so small when multiple lines are added.

Peter

Sam Iggulden

Sep 29, 2017, 2:41:58 PM9/29/17
to MaineICUsersGroup
We're still using our Written Notice FDF from last year because it has more space.

Our SpEd director wrote to Roberta Lucas at the DOE asking if we could do this until IC fixed the new Written Notice FDF, and Roberta said that would be fine.

And actually the FDF we used last year, was one we developed ourselves... it's identical to the state one, except we extended some of the text boxes even more, and added a few pages to accommodate the bigger text boxes.

But one of the issues with using FDFs is pagination. If you have an unlimited text box that scrolls, then the text will be cut off (because where else would it print?).

I was hoping to do the same thing for this year's Written Notice too, but haven't had time yet.

Lisa Quigley

Sep 29, 2017, 2:49:46 PM9/29/17
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
We also do what Sam does.
It's extra work but we had no choice.

Have a great weekend.

Lisa Quigley
Data Manager
Biddeford/Dayton School Department

Please note: My email address has changed. The trailing portion is now @biddefordschools.me.
Please update your address book/contacts to reflect this new address.
Thank you.

Ramona Bennett

Oct 12, 2017, 1:38:50 PM10/12/17
to MaineICUsersGroup
What I don't understand is that Adobe has a program that will "create expanding boxes" (Adobe LiveCycle) and IC states that they can upload (since version 1721)  the Dynamic XML file that this program creates.  I am trying to get access to LiveCycle to create the state report, upload it to IC and see if this actually works.   I am just wondering why (and I am fairly new to this) why the state isn't using programs that can do what needs to be done?

Lisa Quigley

Oct 12, 2017, 1:52:51 PM10/12/17
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
I have asked this question to IC and this was their response

Michael Peschong
12/12/2016 - 9:37:54 AM CST

Note to Lisa
Hello Lisa,

Campus supports FDF's created in Adobe Pro, I am not sure if LiveCycle Designer would work or not. It would be more like try it and see if it works. This is not something we have experimented with at this point. If you do try it I would suggest doing it your sandbox.

Mike Peschong | Campus Support | 1-888-461-2004

Lisa Quigley
Data Manager
Biddeford/Dayton School Department

Ramona Bennett

Oct 12, 2017, 2:01:42 PM10/12/17
to MaineICUsersGroup
This was the response I received from IC - at this point I cannot get anyone who sells Adobe products to call me back regarding purchasing Live Cycle

On Thursday, September 21, 2017 at 11:28:37 AM UTC-4, Peter Kuzyk wrote:
Live Cycle Response by IC.PNG

Lisa Quigley

Oct 12, 2017, 2:54:22 PM10/12/17
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com