Attendance

Shannon

Sep 10, 2015, 9:28:36 AM9/10/15
to MaineICUsersGroup
I was wandering if there is way that when teachers mark a student absent it automatically counts them as unexcused.  If so, please help me with directions on how to set it up that way.  Thank you!

Shannon

Anita M. Petitt

Sep 10, 2015, 9:39:17 AM9/10/15
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com

Hi Shannon,

     Only the attendance secretary can make that change.    However, you can add a comment explaining the absence if you know any details.

Anita

Anita M. Petitt

Data Analyst / Report Writer

Westbrook School Department

(207) 591-6053

Shannon Commeau

Sep 10, 2015, 9:54:13 AM9/10/15
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
So you can't set it up in Infinite Campus so that all students are marked unexcused and then the secretary can change it once they are excused or tardy?
--
~~If you've given your all, then you've done all that you could and you should have no regrets~~

Anita M. Petitt

Sep 10, 2015, 10:01:45 AM9/10/15
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com

Sorry, I was talking about the teacher perspective.    The attendance secretary can use the Attendance Wizard and the “Daily” mode to set the Absence Type from those you have set up (e.g. Unexcused Absence).    The user can type in individual names to add to the list for this change, or should be able to create an Ad Hoc Filter for “Students with an absence today”.