SpEd Start Dates

Ramona Bennett

Oct 17, 2017, 2:19:22 PM10/17/17
to maineicu...@googlegroups.com
Has anyone encountered where you have a start date in the 16-17 enrollment, but there is no start date in the 17-18 enrollment, therefore it will not trigger for an upload into Synergy?

--
Ramona L. Bennett
RSU 24 Data Manager

William Backman

Oct 17, 2017, 2:29:07 PM10/17/17
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
Yes, others are reporting this issue.

Will Backman
Director of Technology
Kennebec Valley Consolidated Schools - AOS92.org
Vassalboro - Waterville - Winslow

"The future is already here – it's just not evenly distributed.." –William Gibson

Ramona Bennett

Oct 17, 2017, 2:32:15 PM10/17/17
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
Thank you - it is nice to know that I am not the only.....  Any good fix ideas.....

Nancy Embry

Oct 17, 2017, 4:14:46 PM10/17/17
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
Yeah....lots of clicking into students is my solution.

Nancy Embry

Data Systems Manager
Kittery School Department
207 439-2572  Ext. 108

nem...@kitteryschools.com

Katie Gourley

Nov 1, 2017, 2:11:06 PM11/1/17
to MaineICUsersGroup

Did anyone ever get a fix to this.. Looking at my numbers we have found we are missing about 20-30 sped students that were not pulled from the IC download?
Katie

Nancy Embry

Nov 2, 2017, 8:39:37 AM11/2/17
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
As of yesterday, the only ones that are messed up are my Non-Maine School ones,
and I've emailed 'em to fix them.

Whew. Sorry!

Sam Iggulden

Nov 2, 2017, 2:24:22 PM11/2/17
to MaineICUsersGroup
I just use a formula in excel to change any SpEd start dates that are less than 20170701, to be 20170701

e.g.

1) In a new column, use  =IF(E2<20170701,20170701,E2)
2) Fill down
3) Select and copy all data in new column
4) Paste Special > Values into old start date column
5) Delete extra column
6) Save (keeping as CSV)
7) Upload file...