Maine DOE decision regarding RFP #201509172 for State-level Student Information and Reporting System

jason....@infinitecampus.com

Feb 26, 2016, 2:25:38 PM2/26/16
to MaineICUsersGroup

Dear Infinite Campus Customer,

Regarding the Maine DOE’s recent announcement to negotiate with another vendor regarding the contract that Infinite Campus State Edition (ICSE) has held for the past eight years, there are three key points we want you to be aware of.

We are surprised and disappointed with the DOE’s decision:

  • Infinite Campus is an industry leader and has a long and successful track record in providing student data collection system services to states.
  • The DOE has consistently communicated to us that it was satisfied with our product, service and price.  Over the course of the past eight years, we have worked diligently to modify our systems to meet the needs of the State of Maine and its school districts.
  • The DOE was fully aware that our RFP response would be consistent with our current contract while being inclusive of any new, clearly articulated requirements.
  • We do not understand why the State would select a vendor without any Maine customers and that lacks a proven state-level data collection solution.

This decision only covers the state’s data collection system, not student information systems provided by Infinite Campus to individual school districts:

  • Infinite Campus has a separate SIS contract for school districts.
  • We do not know if the DOE intends to release an additional RFP for the district contract; they have not done so to date.
  • Unless and until the State decides to modify its contract for district services, Infinite Campus remains the State’s vendor for district services.   We look forward to continuing our work with Districts going forward.

Infinite Campus is currently evaluating the State’s selection process and determining whether it met the requirements of State law:

  • We only just learned of the state’s decision on Wednesday, February 24th via email through the official RFP award announcement.
  • Subsequently, we submitted a Freedom of Access Act (FOAA) request to obtain documents explaining the State’s award.  We have not yet received these documents, so we do not know the State’s rationale for its award.
  • We will provide an update as soon as we learn more about this unexpected decision.

Please contact me with any questions you may have.

Thank you,

Jason Kramer | Sr. Client Executive

Direct: 763.795.4093 | Toll Free: 800.850.2335
Fax: 651.697.1203
www.infinitecampus.com