1 view

Nancy Embry

Mar 1, 2018, 9:43:23 AM3/1/18
to maineicu...@googlegroups.com
Anyone else?

I did a SpEd upload, and 120 kids who have no changes since the last time I uploaded
them bounced.

The file I pulled from IC to upload shows their enrollment start date (all were here first day of school) under the header for SpEd Start Date.

​When the data were moved from the Enrollment Tab to create the new SpEd Documents for my students, it carried their original SpEd Start Date from that tab.  Most were coded well before the first day of school this year.

They all worked when I last uploaded, and now they all bounced.

Only me, oh lucky me?

Nancy Embry

Data Systems Manager
Kittery School Department
207 439-2572  Ext. 108

nem...@kitteryschools.com

Katie Gourley

Mar 1, 2018, 10:14:20 AM3/1/18
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
Yes, That is a known issue for awhile.. They were suppose to be working on a fix for this.

katie

Nancy Embry

Mar 1, 2018, 10:20:07 AM3/1/18
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
Well, misery loves company.

You can tell how often I upload SpEd data.

I'm comparing my NEO Attending download now
for my SpEd kids to what I have locally.

I know I've changed some kids' placements etc.

Guess I'll manually change those in Synergy.

Thanks for letting me know.

Katie Gourley

Mar 1, 2018, 10:28:35 AM3/1/18
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
Yes and if you actually go in to the student their correct SPED start date is there. It is just something with the download.
Katie

Audet, Norma-Jean

Mar 1, 2018, 10:29:47 AM3/1/18
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
Or a new validation they have put in place.
Norma-Jean Audet
Technology Director
RSU #4 Litchfield - Sabattus - Wales
Oak Hill High School
56 School Road
Wales, ME 04280
207.375.4950 x 393
norma-je...@rsu4.org

Notices:

This email message is intended for the exclusive use of the individual(s) or entity(ies) addressed above. It may contain information that is privileged and/or confidential under both state and federal law, including confidential education records. If you are not the intended recipient or an agent of the recipient, you are notified that any further dissemination, copy or disclosure of this communication is strictly prohibited.

Please also be advised that, subject to certain exceptions, emails may be classified as public records under Maine law, and could be released to the public and/or the media if requested.

Audet, Norma-Jean

Mar 1, 2018, 10:29:48 AM3/1/18
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
I wonder if it is worth starting a MaineSynergyUsersGroup for non IC-specific Synergy / NEO issues to include schools that have different SIS systems?

It would also be great if DOE could update us on new validation rules before we upload and receive a slew of new errors.

Nancy Embry

Mar 1, 2018, 2:42:43 PM3/1/18
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
IC tells me that they know about it, and once we get 1809 released to us,
it'll fix it.

It was picking up 'enrollment' date instead of 'sped start date' by mistake.

I went through my kids one at a time (well, with a fun spreadsheet local vs. NEO)
and while all the kids with errors were fine, I did find 3 other kids with inaccurate
SpEd data dating back to when IC did the transition from the Enrollment Tab to
Special Ed document.

Apparently there was a time delay between when the data got pulled, and when
IC actually moved it in our local systems.

And I apparently had changed some of my data in the middle, of course!

So not a complete waste of time, after all.

Nancy Embry

Mar 2, 2018, 11:19:59 AM3/2/18
to maineicu...@googlegroups.com
Anyone moved, or planning on moving to Heartland's Mosaic; cloud based instead of NutriKids here with a local server.

I'm interested in maybe a group approach to having IC develop the language for
data transfers, as well as how it's working out for anyone who's made the change already.

William Backman

Mar 2, 2018, 11:22:11 AM3/2/18
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
We'd be curious to know the same.

Will Backman
Director of Technology
Kennebec Valley Consolidated Schools - AOS92.org
Vassalboro - Waterville - Winslow

"The future is already here – it's just not evenly distributed.." –William Gibson

Wallace, Andrew

Mar 2, 2018, 11:23:31 AM3/2/18
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
We use it. One of our people worked w heartland and after a few tweaks we have it working
Anyone moved, or planning on moving to Heartland's Mosaic; cloud based instead of NutriKids here with a local server.

I'm interested in maybe a group approach to having IC develop the language for
data transfers, as well as how it's working out for anyone who's made the change already.

Nancy Embry
Data Systems Manager
Kittery School Department
207 439-2572 Ext. 108<tel:(207)%20439-2572>

nem...@kitteryschools.com<mailto:nem...@kitteryschools.com>

Will Backman
Director of Technology
Kennebec Valley Consolidated Schools - AOS92.org
Vassalboro - Waterville - Winslow

"The future is already here – it's just not evenly distributed.." –William Gibson

Katie Gourley

Mar 2, 2018, 11:28:59 AM3/2/18
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
We are working with Heartland to make the switch this fall. They told us they work with IC quite frequently and that shouldn't be an issue. I have spoken with other districts around us that have made the move and said with a few tweaks in the very beginning which Heartland quickly worked out everything has worked great. They also told me that if we decided to stay with Nurtikids locally for some reason that they can sync with IC as well.

Katie

On Fri, Mar 2, 2018 at 11:24 AM, Wallace, Andrew <A...@spsd.org> wrote:
We use it. One of our people worked w heartland and after a few tweaks we have it working

Nancy Embry

Mar 2, 2018, 11:37:14 AM3/2/18
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
Katie,

You're looking at the fall?  They're telling us we have to do it this year; I get why
it's better not to start the year with a new system, but a big change and potential
mess at the end doesn't sound like fun either.

What's your reasoning behind fall?

On Fri, Mar 2, 2018 at 11:28 AM, Katie Gourley <ka...@rsu25.org> wrote:
We are working with Heartland to make the switch this fall. They told us they work with IC quite frequently and that shouldn't be an issue. I have spoken with other districts around us that have made the move and said with a few tweaks in the very beginning which Heartland quickly worked out everything has worked great. They also told me that if we decided to stay with Nurtikids locally for some reason that they can sync with IC as well.

Katie

We use it. One of our people worked w heartland and after a few tweaks we have it working

Katie Gourley

Mar 2, 2018, 11:45:51 AM3/2/18
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
They suggested that to us as well, but due to funding we need to wait til Fall, I believe if we get the go ahead we will make the change around October.

Katie

Nancy Embry

Mar 2, 2018, 12:21:34 PM3/2/18
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
Ah...I get it.

Pam Cyrway

Mar 9, 2018, 12:13:12 PM3/9/18
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
Curious how other districts handle Early Release Days within the Calendar Days for both planned Early Release days and Early Release Days because of Inclement Weather.

Do you enter the Start and End Times and Instructional minutes as well as entering the event code to indicate it is an Early Release or Inclement Weather Day so the Early Release Day total minutes present is calculated properly or do you keep it as a regular day and not adjust the total instructional minutes.

Pam Cyrway
Data Manager
AOS92 Waterville Public Schools
Email:  pcy...@aos92.org