IC Users Group - Noon May 11, 2015

William Backman

Apr 28, 2015, 7:18:33 AM4/28/15
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
Monday May 11 is the next ACTEM business meeting, which means another gathering of the Maine Infinite Campus Users Group.

The meeting will be in Conference Room 541 (through the doors to the left of the receptionist).

 Sign up and propose agenda items here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1T6MoynVEtZmzAzZSdPhVf-twYzMNoAgxpAxwB9r7xxA/edit?usp=sharing

Shared Notes will be here:
https://titanpad.com/icusers-may-2015

Adobe Connect Meeting.
When:  05/11/2015 12:00 PM - 2:30 PM
Audio Conference Details:
Conference Number: +1 8774550244
Conference Code: 8332185782
To join the meeting:
http://stateofmaine.adobeconnect.com/r4bnmguufiv/

William Backman

May 11, 2015, 12:52:27 PM5/11/15
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
Here are the unedited minutes:
Maine IC Users Group
When:  05/11/2015 12:00 PM - 2:30 PM
The meeting will be in Conference Room 541 - Cross Building - Augusta

Will Backman - AOS92 Vassalboro, Waterville, Winslow
Joseph Knight - RSU #13, Rockland, Thomaston, Mid-coast area
Norma-Jean Audet - RSU4 #4, Wales, Litchfield, Sabattus
Chuck McLaughlin - MSAD#55, Baldwin, Cornish, Hiram, Parsonsfield, Porter

NEO/MEDMS - New staff system to take the place of MEDMS.  It will be put into NEO.  NEO is a data system that will replace MEDMS, place for things that don’t really fit into Infinite Campus State edition.  Does allow an AOS to only have one login.  Special Ed module will replace some of the forms like the outplacement form, EFS07, EFS14.  School Nutrition Module.  Transportation Module to replace MEDMS forms for things like bus purchases and yearly data reports.  Facilities module will replace the Excel sheet that needs to be filled out every once and a while.  Staff module - Staff ID’s will come from the MEDMS side.  They did reduce some of the fields required. There will be a separate system for HQT/Certification, so many of those fields are not in the staff module.  It still will require SSN, as this is what ties it into the other systems like certification.  They are using the same list of positions, but please send any suggestions to the MEDMS help desk if you would like anything added or worded differently.  They will also be asking districts to be putting in contracted staff, as this can affect EPS funding.  For example, they had a pre-k school that had no teachers, as everyone was contracted staff.  They are collecting email on most staff.  They do have a “save as pending” option so you can come back to data entry later if you need to do some research.  Rick Bergeron will be doing trainings across the state this summer.  When you sign up for training, you’ll get a NEO account at that time if you don’t already have one. https://neo.maine.gov/DOE/NEO/Dashboard. They will need to know who should have access to which modules. This will go live this summer.  Keep an eye on the DOE Commish updates.

CRDC Report - Some questions about the federal data request for all schools to do the civil right data.  Maine DOE is looking into the requirements for this, is it really something we have to do?  Ad-Hoc can get at some of this data, but it is complex.  Given that we code our behavior differently, and courses are different, each district must really develop their own reports at this time.

Proliferation of Outside Modules - Trend in my district (AOS92) is for more and more parts of IC being moved to external systems, like Nutrikids, Adori (Special Ed), SNAP for health info.  Then people are looking for proficiency-based grading, transcript, etc.  Are others seeing this trend?

Custom Transcript - Many schools in the room are using the built-in transcripts.

June Update - Instruction Module being removed from the regular tools section in June, everyone will need to use the separate campus instruction module.

Wallace, Andrew

Sep 16, 2016, 11:03:59 AM9/16/16
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
Hey colleagues - here is the part where i reveal how much i have forgotten about IC... I had a request form an Assistant Principal who asks:
"Is it possible for ICampus to send me an email if particular students are entered as absent in their classes?"
  If anyone can help me find the right direction or answer to this, please shoot me an email (a...@spsd.org) or reply to the group.

thanks!

Sep 16, 2016, 11:43:04 AM9/16/16
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
Infinite Campus has a messenger product built in, and the email
portion of it is free. You do need to pay if you want to have it make
phone calls or send SMS messages.
--
Will Backman
Director of Technology

"Technology is anything that wasn’t around when you were born." –Alan Kay

Wallace, Andrew

Sep 16, 2016, 12:14:54 PM9/16/16
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
so the assistance princpal can be notified when say his top 20 kids he is concerned about skip a class?
Sep 20, 2016, 8:57:54 AM9/20/16
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, my question was not clear. Here is what the Assistant Principal wants to know:

Can we be notified via email when a student on a list (the most likely to skip class) has been marked absent by a classroom teacher during period attendance?