Economic Status

Audet, Norma-Jean

Nov 1, 2017, 3:09:00 PM11/1/17
to maineicu...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Has anyone run the economic status report today? It looks like the new export has dates that do not match ICs real data.

Autofilled with this data on what appears to be all students - I have not updated Synergy with this file. Has anyone else seen this?

20170701 20170828
and
20170801 20180629

others have

20170701 20171013
and
20171014 20180630

--
Norma-Jean Audet
Technology Director

Notices:

This email message is intended for the exclusive use of the individual(s) or entity(ies) addressed above. It may contain information that is privileged and/or confidential under both state and federal law, including confidential education records. If you are not the intended recipient or an agent of the recipient, you are notified that any further dissemination, copy or disclosure of this communication is strictly prohibited.

Please also be advised that, subject to certain exceptions, emails may be classified as public records under Maine law, and could be released to the public and/or the media if requested.

Sam Iggulden

Nov 2, 2017, 2:18:36 PM11/2/17
to MaineICUsersGroup
Synergy says that FRAM Start and End dates have to be within the current school year... or they can be blank (at least the end date can be blank)

IC said they were going to put blank end dates for records that extended into next year - but then ended up putting 6/30/2018 instead.... not sure why.  I have been using a formula in excel to wipe out any 20180630 end dates prior to uploading.

Nancy Embry

Nov 2, 2017, 3:08:40 PM11/2/17
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
I made 'em all 06/30/2018 for now...I'll play with IC later.

I just want this to be over.

On Thu, Nov 2, 2017 at 2:18 PM, Sam Iggulden <s.igg...@msad17.org> wrote:
Synergy says that FRAM Start and End dates have to be within the current school year... or they can be blank (at least the end date can be blank)

IC said they were going to put blank end dates for records that extended into next year - but then ended up putting 6/30/2018 instead.... not sure why.  I have been using a formula in excel to wipe out any 20180630 end dates prior to uploading.

Nancy Embry

Data Systems Manager
Kittery School Department
207 439-2572  Ext. 108

nem...@kitteryschools.com

Lisa Quigley

Nov 2, 2017, 3:17:19 PM11/2/17
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
Ditto.. I can't take much more of this.

Does anyone know if NEO is refreshing? I tried the requested refresh option but nothing happens.

Lisa Quigley
Data Manager
Biddeford/Dayton School Department

Please note: My email address has changed. The trailing portion is now @biddefordschools.me.
Please update your address book/contacts to reflect this new address.
Thank you.

Nancy Embry

Nov 2, 2017, 3:23:47 PM11/2/17
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
I found out today that data I entered yesterday refreshed to my Attending reports.

But they were Special Ed kids, and they didn't refresh to my SpEd reports.

I requested a refresh via email yesterday, so I don't know whether some of it is
happening automatically, or whether they did half of one for me because I emailed?

I can't see that the Requested Refresh option does anything; I hit it, it blinks, and I
get a 0 out of 0......

So I emailed.....I think they're hiding, again.

Sam Iggulden

Nov 2, 2017, 4:17:28 PM11/2/17
to MaineICUsersGroup
I only just found out that we could request our own refresh today...

I did it on the Students Counts Summary "review" page in NEO, and the button was labelled: UNCERTY / REFRESH DATA

I was told that it runs every hour on the hour, but I think it takes about 25 minutes for the job to complete. So if you submit at 3:30, your data refresh will kick off at 4:00, and be available by around 4:25...

And it did change data for me... just not in a good way.

I think some stuff got fixed (i went from 5 lines on the error report  to 2), but it still didn't pick up some SAC changes someone at the state made in Synergy at 9am this morning.

Plus it dropped all my attending Super's Agreements who were enrolled just fine yesterday...

Lisa Quigley

Nov 2, 2017, 4:36:37 PM11/2/17
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for this information Sam.

Lisa Quigley
Data Manager
Biddeford/Dayton School Department

Sam Iggulden

Nov 2, 2017, 4:36:47 PM11/2/17
to MaineICUsersGroup
phew... at least my next refresh put the super's agreements back!

Lisa Quigley

Nov 2, 2017, 4:41:33 PM11/2/17
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
ha.. I went from 2 errors to 9 errors, I should have left it alone!!!  😱
Tomorrow is another day .

Have a great evening everyone.

Lisa Quigley
Data Manager
Biddeford/Dayton School Department

John Armentrout

Nov 2, 2017, 6:52:19 PM11/2/17
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
Who is a mathematician?  I vaguely remember some math / physics theory about a mesh fluid dynamics.

I’m starting to realize that if we modeled this with all the nodes (connectors) and interdependencies, it not only possible but likely that this mesh will absolutely never be 100% correct and complete *for everyone at the same time*.

For example my district depends on all of yours to resolve enrollments.  As yours do mine.   (If I need a student at your district but you don’t end enrollment and re sync, there’s no way for me to get that student. And vice versa).  If I have zero errors on Monday except for an enrollment that I need to grab from Will (for example) and it takes two days for Will to update synergy, in that time I’ll have data that has changed.  and my errors go from one on Monday  (now resolved enrollment) to two or ten other things that are dependent upon that enrollment and other changed data for other enrollments or status changes by Wednesday.  Same for all of you.  And it compounds by a factor of your enrollment count. (I completely haven’t worked out the formula yet.)

So my theory is that getting the entire State in sync with humans managing the data and timing of updates etc, is completely impossible and a totally unrealistic expectation.   That this will actually never ever work.

I will try to refresh and research and the math theory and modeling but I’m pretty sure this has been studied already in other disciplines and models applied to computing.

Thoughts?

Nancy Embry

Nov 3, 2017, 9:56:41 AM11/3/17
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
Yup.

One of those moments when I am quite content to be a Bear of Little Brain.

Katie Gourley

Nov 3, 2017, 10:02:57 AM11/3/17
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
Ugh sounds about right here... Try to clean up the last few issues, but in the meantime other data changes and we are now we have more errors. With helpdesk tickets sitting there for days I am not sure how I am going to finish by Tuesday.

Pounding head on desk over here..

Katie

Nancy Embry

Nov 3, 2017, 10:13:34 AM11/3/17
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
I resorted to manually changing student data directly in Synergy to get it to
reflect correctly and refresh correctly.

As of this morning, so far, so good.

I'm done uploading anything until October 1st is done (and covered with snow,
more than likely).

I have a little plaque on my desk that reads:

Pound Head on Monitor.
Press Any Key to Continue.

Between that and my Dammit Doll I'm OK!