Enrollment Start Status Codes

Sam Iggulden

Sep 18, 2017, 10:22:52 AM9/18/17
to MaineICUsersGroup
Hi

Is anyone else having issues with new Start Status codes?

All our enrollment start status codes got converted this weekend... but the code descriptions don't show next to the code, which is wildly confusing for secretaries.

But worse that that - when we click on an enrollment to change a code (or any enrollment field for that matter), the required "start status" field shows as blank (even though we can see the new code on the initial screen), and only the old codes show in the menu....

We can select and save an old code (which we've done a few times already because we can't save enrollment info without a start code, because the field is required), meaning we've already got a mix of new and old codes in our 2017-18 enrollments.

Is anyone else seeing this? I created a high priority case (630924) if you want to jump on it, and I also emailed Jason directly.

Wallace, Andrew

Sep 18, 2017, 10:28:17 AM9/18/17
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
i saw one of these instances, thought it was just me...

basically had a kid we thought was leaving for private school who returned. I tried to change last year's end status and there was no option for "continuous in same school without interruption" or whatever it was called

Is this the same sort of thing Sam?

Sep 18, 2017, 10:35:05 AM9/18/17
to MaineICUsersGroup
That doesn't sound like exactly the same thing - no...

When I go to any student in my district, their current year enrollment now has the new state start status codes listed next to start status... and that's it, just a code - no description (but comments are still there where applicable).

And when I go to change a start code - the start status field is blank, and the drop down menu shows the old codes.

I think the "continuous in same school without interruption" code no longer exists in the new set of codes, so maybe your code conversion worked as planned, and now I wonder if we're the only ones this issue?

Anthony Calileo

Sep 18, 2017, 10:40:13 AM9/18/17
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
For what it's worth, our start codes look fine here - the new codes and their descriptions appear normally for the "start status" drop-down for us. We received an update over the weekend as well.

Tony Calileo
Student Information Manager
Lake Region Schools

"DON'T PANIC"

Wallace, Andrew

Sep 18, 2017, 10:47:38 AM9/18/17
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
You have a screenshot Sam?

Sep 18, 2017, 10:49:31 AM9/18/17
to MaineICUsersGroup
Thanks Tony

Sounds like it's probably just us then...  which is good to know.

Sam Iggulden

Sep 18, 2017, 11:00:07 AM9/18/17
to MaineICUsersGroup

Katie Gourley

Sep 18, 2017, 2:45:28 PM9/18/17
to MaineICUsersGroup
Andy, I had the same thing happen. I called MEDMS Help desk and was told that I had to change last years end code to " not enrolled able to return" Needless to say I don't quite agree with the new codes and status.