Campus Instruction

Shannon

Jan 26, 2015, 8:00:48 AM1/26/15
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
Need a little help, we are just starting to try to switch over and I have a couple of teachers working with it.  Well how do you search a student as an instructor, so they can see the grades and attendance of a certain student?  We used to be able to just go to a search tab and find them, well that tab is gone now.  Ugh!  Thank you for any insight in this.

Shannon

Susie Simmons

Jan 26, 2015, 8:05:22 AM1/26/15
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
Our teachers have to switch back to Campus Tools to do that. I think that it's going to moved over on to Campus Instruction once it moves out of beta.

Sincerely,
Susie Simmons

Technology Integrator
Bonny Eagle Middle School & High School
Certified Google Educator (Apps + Chrome), Common Sense Media Certified Educator
Find me on Google+

Based in room 97 at the Middle School or room 109B at the High School

Please visit my Blogsite or Guides & Tutorials site for all of my workshops and information.
To submit a tech help ticket, please visit this website.

On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 8:00 AM, Shannon <goodt...@gmail.com> wrote:
Need a little help, we are just starting to try to switch over and I have a couple of teachers working with it.  Well how do you search a student as an instructor, so they can see the grades and attendance of a certain student?  We used to be able to just go to a search tab and find them, well that tab is gone now.  Ugh!  Thank you for any insight in this.

Shannon

The information transmitted herein is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the e-mail and any attachments from any computer.

******************************
********************
MSAD #6 - Bonny Eagle Schools
Buxton - Hollis - Limington - Standish - Frye Island, Maine
Helping all students to reach their full potential

Nancy Embry

Jan 26, 2015, 9:46:53 AM1/26/15
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
My teachers are going back and forth from Instruction to Tools for
quite a few things; schedule, grades, attendance, the ability to download
and print students' Health Plans and a couple of customized tabs that
they need to access.

Once they got used to it they're OK.  Well, as OK as they get!

On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 8:00 AM, Shannon <goodt...@gmail.com> wrote:
Need a little help, we are just starting to try to switch over and I have a couple of teachers working with it.  Well how do you search a student as an instructor, so they can see the grades and attendance of a certain student?  We used to be able to just go to a search tab and find them, well that tab is gone now.  Ugh!  Thank you for any insight in this.

Shannon

Nancy Embry

Data Manager
Kittery School Department
207 439-2572  Ext. 108

nem...@kitteryschools.com

Shannon Commeau

Jan 26, 2015, 9:55:09 AM1/26/15
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
Do you know if this will be changed in the new instruction once they take away the tools all together in June?
~~If you've given your all, then you've done all that you could and you should have no regrets~~

Nancy Embry

Jan 26, 2015, 10:02:44 AM1/26/15
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
My understanding was that they were removing only the Instruction tools from the Tools side...
they can't disappear the other side entirely or Attendance clerks, Nurses, Guidance etc. won't have
what they need.

William Backman

Jan 26, 2015, 10:04:44 AM1/26/15
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
That is my understanding too.  In June, the old Java-based gradebook and instruction tools will only be available in the new instruction module.  All the other modules/features that don't relate to classroom instruction will be in the traditional location.

Joseph M. Knight

Jan 26, 2015, 10:05:34 AM1/26/15
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com

I don’t really think they’ll be ‘taking the Tools area away’… Counselors, Admins, and others will always need access to scheduling and other features, while they might still have a class assigned to them.

I expect they’re hoping to encapsulate everything that’s available in the ‘Instruction’ area of Campus and have that moved into Campus Instruction. But I’m sure anything they haven’t moved that is compatible will still be available in tools. Only, AFAIK, the old Java gradebook itself is actually going away entirely.

Jeanne Houde

Jan 26, 2015, 11:33:35 AM1/26/15
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
We began the school year at MSAD35 using Campus Beta for both the high school and middle school.  Teachers have to go to Campus Tools to download IEP's, 504's, grades etc.  They are in the habit of doing this so I haven't heard many complaints.  We felt that we needed to fully immerse ourselves with the Beta and that plan has worked for us.  We also offered some summer workshops to enable them to get off on the right foot from the start.  We had a total of 3 workshops which were run by our technology team leaders at each school.  The format was very successful because we moved in to the new school year without a whimper.

Jeanne Houde
District Data Manager
MSAD/RSU35
Cell:  207-752-1253