look_self code?

1 view

Rish i D Mack

Oct 4, 2015, 12:04:53 PM10/4/15
to moo-...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys, I’ve been trying to figure out how to get this pease of code to show the city name followed by the name of the room. something like this.

I’m in a city called orange city. but I step into another room and it’s called general store and I’d like to get it to show orange city/general store.
so they’ll know they’re still in orrange city. can you tell me how do I do this? I’m using the liverpool core as a base I’m still trying to use all these utils and stuff. but here’s the code I’d like to modify.

player:tell($ansi_utils:center(this:title(), abs(player.linelen)));
player:tell($su:center($su:space($ansi_utils:length(this:title()), "-"),
(player.linelen)));
if (!(args && args[1]))
desc = this:description();
if (desc)
player:tell_lines(desc);
else
player:tell("You see a formless area of space... weird! :)");
endif
endif
"objects in desc";
if (player:light_level())
player:tell("-----");
if (this:tell_contents())
player:tell("-----");
endif
this:tell_exits();
player:tell("-----");
else
player:tell();
endif

I hope someone can help.
Thanks,, Rishi.

Rish i D Mack

Oct 4, 2015, 12:19:40 PM10/4/15
to moo-...@googlegroups.com
I’d like to make it in a way where I can do something like this.
@buildroom south,s|north,n to general store.
All exits and room will be moved in to player.location.location. which would be orrange city. it would also create the exits  leading from the main street to the general store. but the main street would also be inside the orange city room. I hope someone understands me lol.
Sent: Sunday, October 04, 2015 12:04 PM
Subject: [MOO-talk] look_self code?