Account/player creation

Ashley

Sep 18, 2016, 5:14:03 PM9/18/16
to MOO Talk
As someone who's fairly new to all this, I'm just wondering how I might go about creating an account based system instead of the traditional connect player name password. Thanks.

Chris Norman

Sep 20, 2016, 5:02:23 AM9/20/16
to MOO-...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Here is what I learnt while doing this:

$login:do_login cannot fork or suspend in any way. To this end, you use $login:add_interception like a kind of deferred (if you're used to them).

Basically, before processing anything, $login:do_command checks it's queue of intercepted commands for entries which match the player.

If any are found, it processes the list first, so you can add commands to $login (or presumably anywhere else), which can take your player's entry....

Make sure you leave a wizard logged in while you test the system, because otherwise you run the risk that you can't log in to fix any problems.

Sorry I can't be more help; I'll happily do more if you're struggling if you give me some time to set up a MOO again.

HTH,