Name lookups in the background?

the Prometheus Support

Dec 2, 2015, 10:26:15 AM12/2/15
to MOO-...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

I've been looking at different server extensions (I'm currently using
Stunt), and noticed that Waverous has an interesting concept within.
There's a file there called
bg*name_lookup.c
which claims to allow more control of DNS lookups and to fork them so
that the server doesn't get blocked by a huge amount of them.

Does anybody have any experience with background lookups? If so, have
you noticed an actual improvement in how the server behaves with them
compared to normal ones?

Cheers,

--
Con

Tim van Dijen

Dec 2, 2015, 1:54:52 PM12/2/15
to the Prometheus Support, MOO-...@googlegroups.com
I never knew about this, but it sounds like something we want in Stunt! These blocking end-lookups are a problem for a very long time

the Prometheus Support

Dec 3, 2015, 12:15:40 AM12/3/15
to Tim van Dijen, MOO-...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

I have attached the bg_name_lookup.c file to this message. It could
proove to be very useful.

--
Con
bg_name_lookup.c