Logging in to Improvise

Sergi Reyner

Jun 26, 2014, 6:17:45 AM6/26/14
to MOO-...@googlegroups.com
After installing LambdaCore, it seems that I can only log in through Improvise using a passkey. I @rename´d my LambdaCore Wizard to Admin, and set a password to both. I can´t get it to log me in with any of these strings in the username/password box:

wizard
Wizard
wizard password
#5 password
admin
admin password
#158 password
... (and variations)

Nothing happens, I just get the front page again.

I tried following the flow through the code but, alas, I´m not that familiar with MOO/Stunt/Lambda yet. My end goal is to have telnet users able to log in through Dialog/Improvise as well (I´m still a bit fuzzy on who does what, too :D)

Thanks for any pointers you may offer!

Cheers,
Sergi

Michael Munson

Jun 26, 2014, 9:39:28 AM6/26/14
to Sergi Reyner, MOO-...@googlegroups.com
I believe Improvise uses an environmental variable to determine the pass key. Check the stunt.io website to see.

Sent from my iPad

Sergi Reyner

Jun 27, 2014, 9:25:48 AM6/27/14
to MOO-...@googlegroups.com, sergi....@gmail.com
Improvise can use passkey, but I don´t want it like that. The problem is that when you install LambdaCore, you basically get a second hierarchy of objects that "take over" the Improvise ones.

At any rate, I decided to build my own core in the spirit of the MUD I used to run, so this has become mostly a non-issue for me (of course, I´ll get other sorts of issue, like lots of fun when trying to port code written for LambaCore :D). So for now I´m wrapping my head around Composed and designing the basic parts of the system. I am drawing some inspiration from lambdacore´s manuals, without looking at the code \o/

Cheers,
Sergi