Seeking some testers for our Library ARG toolkit

Scott Nicholson

Oct 11, 2013, 5:26:42 PM10/11/13
to libgaming
Greetings!

We have been working on an ARG toolkit for libraries (funded by the IMLS) over the last year, and have been doing some testing, but we would like some more testers.

The toolkit was designed with academic libraries in mind, but I do think it could work with Public and School libraries (for a high school audience).

What you would need to do is select a controversial topic, and then locate 5 library resources that will allow someone to explore the topic.  You would then write clues to help someone find the resource, and a multiple-choice question about each resource.

You would plug these into the ARG toolkit, and then you would get a URL that you could distribute that would have the game.  The result is a text-based game with a narrative element and a retro graphics style.

If you are willing to test this toolkit, please send an e-mail to sc...@scottnicholson.com with:
 - Your Name
 - Your E-mail
 - Your Library's Name