Join us in an BreakoutEDU game jam!

Scott Nicholson

Dec 3, 2015, 8:05:47 AM12/3/15
to LibGaming
One of the things I've been involved with over the last year are escape games, and have been supporting a movement called BreakoutEDU.

This is a breakout game concept for classrooms, but would also work great for libraries.  It's a team-based challenge where a group of people are solving a series of puzzles to unlock a locked box.  (Rather than getting out of a room like in an Escape Room, you are getting into a box.)

On Jan 9-10, I'm running a BreakoutEDU game jam.   I'm inviting the world to make BreakoutEDU games with me on this weekend, and information literacy games would be perfect for this!

If you are looking for a fun library program for Jan 9-10, join us in making BreakoutEDU games!

I'll be putting together some how-to videos and resources ahead of time, and will be broadcasting from my BGNlab (Brantford Games Network) from Wilfrid Laurier University where I am now.

Want to learn more?

Please spread the word to librarians and teachers who might want to join in!

Scott