Show list of errors after test is executed

Aleksandar Nikolovski

Jun 1, 2011, 10:12:59 AM6/1/11
to LR-Loa...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

After performance test is executed in HP Performance Center I choose to correlate and Analyze the results. Default report is generated.

But in the Default report I don't see list of errors (I see Errors per Second and Error Statistics but they only shows total number of errors and the id of the error without any details.).

While the test is running I have really nice detail view of all errors that are returned including details about them.

How to view list and details about errors?

Thanks

James Pulley

Jun 1, 2011, 10:39:58 AM6/1/11
to lr-loa...@googlegroups.com

With a standalone controller this is simple as the results directory which contains your .lrr (LoadRunner Results) file also contains an .MDB file (Microsoft Access format database file) which contains all of the messages.    With Performance Center layered over the execution and collection of results it becomes a little less clear where the messages which would normally be in the local file will wind up?   Will they be in a storage directory with the lrr file data or will it be stored in the database.     While this is not a direct answer I would have the PC DBA start poking around in the PC schema to see if the messages are stored internally…and if not the odds are high that it is in a file someplace associated with the test results.

James Pulley, http://www.loadrunnerbythehour.com/PricingMatrix

Venkat P

Jun 1, 2011, 4:57:02 PM6/1/11
to LoadRunner

you can get the details from "Errors Per Second (By description)?" .

On Jun 1, 10:12 am, Aleksandar Nikolovski <morko...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> After performance test is executed in HP Performance Center I choose
> to correlate and Analyze the results. Default report is generated.
>
> But in the Default report I don't see list of errors (I see Errors per
> Second and Error Statistics but they only shows total number of errors and
> the id of the error without any details.).
>
> *While the test is running I have really nice detail view of all errors that
> are returned including details about them. *

Aleksandar Nikolovski

Jun 2, 2011, 5:01:49 AM6/2/11
to LR-Loa...@googlegroups.com

There is a Errors Per Second Graph but there are no details about errors. I wan't to see all informations as when the test is running.
Example while the test is running I can even see the Activity log for Vuser when the test failed. It is something like a trace from which you can really easily found out why and exactly when the Vuser failed.

Aleksandar Nikolovski

Jun 2, 2011, 5:08:36 AM6/2/11
to LR-Loa...@googlegroups.com, lr-loa...@googlegroups.com, james....@jamespulley.com
Thanks for the post.

I really expected some simple solution. Because investigating around the errors is one of the key elements while doing a performance tests I thought that it is really easy to export all errors with details.

It is my opinion that list of errors with exact time and as much details as possible should be shown in the default report.

Len Strydom

Jun 1, 2011, 5:30:13 PM6/1/11
to lr-loa...@googlegroups.com
Go and have a quick dig through the log files for each script that was
run as a part of your test scenario.

Sent from my iPhone

Venkat Pillarisetty

Jun 2, 2011, 7:31:53 AM6/2/11
to lr-loa...@googlegroups.com
Alexander,

Analysis offers two graphs - Errors Per Second and "Errors per Second (by Description)". What you are looking for is the latter - Which gives Error Id AND Description.  Now if the latter is not visible in the Analysis, then you need to dig around. Usually adding a new graph will bring up the option. Now if this is not coming up, then something is s****d up with your installation copy.

Venkat

James Pulley

Jun 2, 2011, 10:07:42 AM6/2/11
to lr-loa...@googlegroups.com
If you generate extensive logs for each virtual user during your test then
you will have substantial other issues related to performance which are
totally unrelated to the application under test

Thanks for the post but how to add new graph with custom informations?
Do I need some stand alone tool like HP Analyzer or can I work with the data directly from HP Performance Center?

prasenjit dutta

Jun 3, 2011, 1:49:23 AM6/3/11
to lr-loa...@googlegroups.com
analyzer is required....

On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 1:39 AM, Aleksandar Nikolovski <mork...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks for the post but how to add new graph with custom informations?
Do I need some stand alone tool like HP Analyzer or can I work with the data directly from HP Performance Center?

Prasenjit

Aleksandar Nikolovski

Jun 3, 2011, 2:06:14 AM6/3/11
to LR-Loa...@googlegroups.com, lr-loa...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, will try the Analyzer.

Aleksandar Nikolovski

Jun 3, 2011, 10:25:31 AM6/3/11
to LR-Loa...@googlegroups.com
Thank you all for yore posts.

Using HP LoadRunner Analyzer I download the test from HP performance center. Then choose to add new graph and added Error Statistic (by Description) and Error per Second (by Description) graphs.

I am sure that Analyzer allows a lot of useful stuff so will look in to it and I might even find more details about errors.