Decompression function (wgzMemDecompressBuffer) failed, return code=-3 (Z_DATA_ERROR)

Akshayy.A

Mar 25, 2011, 5:12:49 AM3/25/11
to LoadRunner
Hello Team,

I´m facing problem when I try to replay my script that was recorded
with Web(HTTP/HTML) Protocol.

Details about the Script:-
1)Application developed in Java
2)Recorded using Web(HTTP/HTML) protocol.
3)Recording options - HTML based Script with script containing
Explicate URL's option.

Workaround:-
!) I tried this with both versions of LR9.52 and LR 11 and I still see
the same error.
2) I even tried solution from the given below link and nothing fruit
full,

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1221134
http://osdir.com/ml/LR-LoadRunner/2010-07/msg00150.html

Can someone help me to find solution for this issue?

Regards
Akshayy

chaitanya bhatt

Mar 25, 2011, 5:29:30 AM3/25/11
to lr-loa...@googlegroups.com, Akshayy.A
There is a very good chance your Load generator is choking due to resource constraints. Monitor the health of your load generator.

-Chaitanya M Bhatt

Akshayy.A

Mar 25, 2011, 5:36:06 AM3/25/11
to LoadRunner
Thanks Chaitanya for a quick reply.

Here I am not using load generator to replay my script. I am running
it standalone with single user in the Vugen component.

Regards
Akshayy

On Mar 25, 2:29 pm, chaitanya bhatt <bhatt.chaita...@gmail.com> wrote:
> There is a very good chance your Load generator is choking due to resource
> constraints. Monitor the health of your load generator.
>
> -Chaitanya M Bhatthttp://www.performancecompetence.com
>

> On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 2:12 AM, Akshayy.A <satishk....@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello Team,
>
> > I´m facing problem when I try to replay my script that was recorded
> > with Web(HTTP/HTML) Protocol.
>
> > Details about the Script:-
> > 1)Application developed in Java
> > 2)Recorded using Web(HTTP/HTML) protocol.
> > 3)Recording options - HTML based Script with script containing
> > Explicate URL's option.
>
> > Workaround:-
> > !) I tried this with both versions of LR9.52 and LR 11 and I still see
> > the same error.
> > 2) I even tried solution from the given below link and nothing fruit
> > full,
>
> >http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId...
> >http://osdir.com/ml/LR-LoadRunner/2010-07/msg00150.html
>
> > Can someone help me to find solution for this issue?
>
> > Regards
> > Akshayy

Floris Kraak

Mar 25, 2011, 6:23:50 AM3/25/11
to lr-loa...@googlegroups.com, chaitanya bhatt, Akshayy.A
On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 10:29 AM, chaitanya bhatt
<bhatt.c...@gmail.com> wrote:
> There is a very good chance your Load generator is choking due to resource
> constraints. Monitor the health of your load generator.

That particular error is pretty common. Apparently certain devices
implement http deflate compression slightly differently from what LR
expects, resulting in intermittent errors on some transactions, usualy
particular resource downloads.

While this forum discussion
(http://www.sqaforums.com/showflat.php?Number=550003) seems to say
resource starvation at the load generator side may be the cause, I
have never observed it in conditions where resource utilisation on the
generator was an issue.

There are several solutions to this:

1) Add the following line to the top of your script:
web_add_auto_headder("Accept-Encoding", "gzip");

This disables the 'deflate' compression method by defaulting to the gzip method.

2) Change the compression method in your runtime settings: Preferences
> Options > Accept server side compression. (May need some fiddling
before it works, I never seem to remember which options should be on
and which shouldn't be..)

3) Find the offending resource - usually a flash object or picture and
take it out of the offending transaction - either by removing it from
the EXTRARES section, or by means of web_add_filter(). Then put that
in it's own web_url() call, with the proper 'RecContentType' header
attached - eg. "RecContentType=application/x-shockwave-flash".

Why the last option seems to work for some applications beats me.
Frankly, it looks like a bug in Loadrunner - one that is a) very old
(these errors have been around since LR 8, at the least) and b) only
occurs in very specific circumstances that probably have never seen in
any HP lab.

Regards,
Floris
---
'Many people asked me if I was afraid to fly and implied that I should
have stayed home, close to family and friends. I replied that if I had
stayed home, the terrorists would have won.

Unfortunately, my government does not agree with my definition of
winning. They think that living in fear and trying desperately to keep
us all 100% safe while flying is the most effective way to fight
terrorism. It reminds me of a boss that told me he liked it when
people lived in fear of being fired, they worked harder. I told him
being fired held no fear for me. When you live in fear, you do
irrational things - like sending millions of people's shoes through an
xray scanner every day.'
   -- Stormy Peters

Akshayy.A

Mar 25, 2011, 7:25:24 AM3/25/11
to LoadRunner
Thanks Floris.

I tried first two options and no fruitfull results. I did try all the
option from the runtime setting to set the server side compression,
but noe of them worked.

Coming to the 3rd solution, not sure how i can use it in the current
script because there are no extrares generated in the script.

On Mar 25, 3:23 pm, Floris Kraak <randa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 10:29 AM, chaitanya bhatt

Floris Kraak

Mar 25, 2011, 10:28:59 AM3/25/11
On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 12:25 PM, Akshayy.A <satis...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Coming to the 3rd solution, not sure how i can use it in the current
> script because there are no extrares generated in the script.

1) Try to find in your logfiles which file or resource has this problem.
2) Then add a "web_add_filter()" call before the step where this
problem occurs to exclude that specific resource from the transaction.
3) If that makes the problem go away, add another web_add_filter()
call after the offending step to remove the filter you added earlier,
followed by a recording of the browser downloading that specific file
or resource (and nothing else).

A caveat - I have no idea how successful this option will be for your
specific case. I've only seen this tried once.

Krishnakanth PPS

Mar 25, 2011, 11:07:12 AM3/25/11
to lr-loa...@googlegroups.com
I think the same error came to someone else quite a few months ago.

I dont believe this is a Load Generator based error, it can happen even on Vugen.

I get this error on VUgen for a single iteration when I keep running my data creation script overnight.

But this error hasnt caused my test to fail so wasnt worried.

But would be interesting to debug this error.

Fëanor

Mar 26, 2011, 11:41:50 PM3/26/11
to LoadRunner
Hi

Use web_add_auto_header function in the script to specify the
compression method used by the server. (EXAMPLE:
web_add_auto_header("Accept-Encoding", "deflate"); or
web_add_auto_header("Accept-Encoding", "gzip");). Do not specify both
gzip and deflate. Make sure server is sending valid compressed data
that can be decompressed using gzip or deflate decompression method.